Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing a program to prevent violent extremism. The program aims to reduce the threat of violent extremism (VE) in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit community tensions. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes.
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (2 positions)
Location: Sarajevo and Banja Luka
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Starting Date: as soon as possible.
Core functions and responsibilities
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation unit to collect context relevant information for grant activity design and weekly reporting purposes.
- Assist in activity level monitoring and data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables.
- Draft the final evaluation reports (FER) for all grants in area of responsibilities in coordination with Grant Focal Points.
- Assist with the drafting of M&E plans during activity development in close coordination with the Grant Focal Points and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Support BHRI awardee and/or implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness and compliance with donor’s Web based database standards.
- Assist the MEO in periodic assessments and evaluations as relevant to the assigned location and program requirements.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to grant sites and provide reports as required.
- Assist in collecting first person narratives, quotes, pre- and post- activity surveys and, success stories, to support impact and outcome reporting for the programme
- Assist in data review and analysis of emerging themes relevant for the programme
- Assist in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Assist in developing, refining and using M&E checklists, forms and reports.
- Assist in developing, refining and/or manage project databases and any other information management tools and systems.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of M&E concepts, tools, processes, structures, systems and functions.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in M&E with a recognized international or local organization essential.
- Very good understanding of government structures and local context of the B&H.
- Ability to provide detailed and high-level analysis on areas relating to the BHRI programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Very good computer skills (proficient in MS Office applications).
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license.
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
Click here for more informations.