30 June – 31 August 2020 | Online, Germany
IMPORTANT NOTE: even though there is a deadline due to the system behind these calls, the course is already open! Join it here: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/ENGDWJ
You will be redirected to Canvas online platform to register for the course.
- To discover what a competence-based approach is and its applicability in the context of international youth work.
- To introduce the European Training Strategy competence model for youth workers working internationally and to link it to your personal youth work practice.
- To explore competence self-assessment tools.
- To discover ways and tools for professional development.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
The course is structured into 5 thematic modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to the course
- Module 2: A competence-based approach in international youth work
- Module 3: The ETS Competence Model for Youth Workers to Work Internationally
- Module 4: Tools for competence self-assessment.
- Module 5: Using the competence model for professional development.
Each module is structured into 5-6 sessions offering different interactive learning content online, which is uploaded to the Canvas MOOC hosting platform. Participants learn through animated videos, pre-recorded video interviews and some educational texts.
Each module will require 1-4 hours to complete the activities.
The first 2 modules will be open from the first week of the course and every week there will be a new module opened.
Laimonas Ragauskas – Laimonas lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a facilitator in the field of non-formal learning and training for various youth work organisations as well as local and European institutions.
Nerijus Kriauciunas – Nerijus lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a freelancer delivering international training activities in the youth work field at local and European levels.
Snežana Bačlija Knoch – Snežana is an educational consultant in non-formal education and youth work field at local and European levels, as well as certified youth worker.
DEADLINE and SELECTION: Please note that although a deadline of 30 June is indicated because of the system of the European Training Calendar, the course is already online and will be so until 30 June 2020. Participants can join in until that time. There is no selection process as such.
For more informations, please visit here.