Apply locations: Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
Time type: Full time
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
People and Culture (P&C) Policies, systems and procedures
- Support in standardization of policies and ensure alignment with country office local law regulations through contextualization, annual review of P&C related policies, procedures, forms, systems through consultancy with Country Program Director, Regional P&C Department and where appropriate local legal advisor;
- Ensure proper and regular awareness raising of all country level staff on available P&C policies, systems and procedures and any changes and updates;
- Provide advice and necessary support and coaching to the managers and staff in relation to the P&C policies, procedures and systems;
- Monitor the implementation of all policies and ensure that any breach or inconsistency is reported and followed up on;
- Support the Country Program Director in development and revision of support systems and mechanisms for smooth implementation of P&C activities at country level;
- In collaboration with the local management team and Country Program Director, carry out the local workforce planning process as per the overall workforce planning timelines and guidelines;
- Coordinate the country office local recruitment by providing end-to-end process support to hiring managers to fill the vacancies in a timely manner;
- Ensure that all recruitment and contracting steps are followed per the organizational requirements and standards and local laws and in consideration of the emerging and innovative recruiting trends;
- Manage the local level orientation and induction process and ensure all new hires are adequately oriented as well as all staff receive regular re-orientation sessions;
- Manage the local exit processes per the organizational requirements and local laws;
- Provide regular staffing updates to the Country Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Country Program Director, including any challenges linked with the recruitment or separation;
- Administer and manage payroll and all related tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintain personnel files accurate, updated
- Maintaining and processing local employee’s enrollment and cancellations from EPF and Medical Insurance plans
- Acting as liaison between employee and insurance provider in resolving benefits related program issues and ensure effective utilization of the plan
Employee Relations (ER)
- Build awareness to staff on employee relations protocol, policies and procedures and ensure the same is understood and used appropriately on need basis
- Report (when appropriate) ER cases as per the reporting protocols and lead investigations and reviews as needed
- Handle staff grievances and disciplinary action processes in consultation with the Regional P&C Director and line managers following BiH’s Labour Law, and WV’s P&C policies and principles.
Partnering for Performance
- Provide ongoing support to line managers to implement the Partnering for Performance
- Equip line managers with relevant skills to inspire high performance, support career development and address poor performance in a timely and professional manner.
- Support, advise and coach the managers and staff on addressing poor performance and rewarding high performance;
- Facilitate staffing changes including job rotation, local secondment, promotion, stretching assignments, job enrichment, etc. in close cooperation and consultation with line managers and relevant parties, which enables staff professional growth and career development.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement
Talent Management & Learning and Development
- Lead the Talent Management module implementation and ensure though guidance and support that the system is in full functional mode to meet the business needs of WV BiH Office
- Provide coaching/ support and tools to line managers to conduct talent review, identify second liners for key roles, develop/ update their talent profiles, conduct career conversations and facilitate their career development.
- Use all available resources (in house trainers, WVI regional office’s programs, WVI online learning, consultancy, Core Competencies etc.) as well as a blended learning approach including Webinar, simulation, coaching, mentoring, etc. to support the development of leaders and potential successors.
Staff Care, Staff well-being
- Develop staff well-being plans. Ensure the staff-care guides and engagement & org well-being framework are appropriately applied
- Identify the staff care needs through regular meetings with the staff at head office and field offices;
- Advise the Program Director of potential problem areas in relation to the staff well-being and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate;
- Provide staff care support when needed;
- In collaboration with line managers, create and maintain a conducive working environment where staff enjoy wellbeing as well as are highly motivated to make valuable contribution to the organization.
- In consultation with Program Director, facilitate follow up actions of Our Voice Survey (staff engagement survey) to improve staff and organizational well-being. Support the implementation of the action plan in cooperation with assigned parties responsible for Our Voice questionnaire (OV) Action points.
Legal Matters & Governance
- Coordinate with external law firm to ensure compliance of WV BiH activities with local laws.
- In case of any legal procedure with the court, together with Country Program Director and external law firm determine course of action in best interest of WV BiH.
- In cooperation with Country Program Director, liaise with GC legal to assure compliance with WVI policies on legal proceedings.
- Ensure that all the organization’s statutory documents are safely kept and statutory updates and changes are timely filed
- Facilitate the internal communication between BoD (Advisory Council), Leadership Team and Staff
- Liaise with BoD (Advisory Council), & Regional Governance Advisor (RGA)
- Coordinate the transition process of WV BiH Office and ensuring legal documents are in order.
- Support WV BiH SLT to develop and implement the National Office Risk Management Strategies.
- Support the identification, analysis, evaluation, mitigation and monitoring of risks and ensure that risk management processes and procedures are in alignment with the WVI Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Framework.
- Monitor and analyze risks within the WV BiH internal and external context and compile risk information from Riskonnect to conduct comparative analysis. Ensure that significant and fast moving risks are escalated to leadership on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively with Internal Audit to ensure that risks are identified for risk based internal audit (RBIA) planning purposes.
- Support the Organizational Compliance process in coordination with MEERO and Global Centre Compliance for adherence to corporate responsibilities.
- Support functional management and line management to ensure that policies, procedures and waivers are well defined and in compliance with global and local policies and applicable to external context and compatible with external regulations.
- Assume the role of Field Office Compliance Champion and work with Regional Risk and Compliance Advisor to ensure an effective Compliance programme is operating in the BiH office.
- Be familiar with audit requirements for P&C and act in a way that audit risks are at minimum
- Be familiar with WV security plan and follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner with other NGOs and branches of the Government bodies
- Part of WV BiH Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Be familiar with WV policies and standards related to P&C for crises management and act according to those in case of crises including direct and indirect staff care plan preparation, communication and implementation.
- Adhere to WV Adult Safeguarding policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
- Attend and participate in different organizational events.
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Maintain relationships with other HR practitioners, both within WV partnership and outside of World Vision
- Perform other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor;
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources with medium business/medium NGO/government agency out of which, minimum of 3 years in a senior (not necessarily supervisory) role;
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, being self-motivated and detail-oriented;
- Good communications skills;
- Thorough working knowledge of office systems. Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues,
- Emotional maturity and ability to deal with matters of strict confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent knowledge of local labor law and related legislation;
- Experience in dealing with Legal and Governance related issues within the organization .
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Legal Social Sciences, Psychology or a related field;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Professional certification in HR in locally or internationally recognized HR institutions is a plus;
- Quick learner, agile, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and work with little supervision under the virtual working relationships;
- Ability to contribute to the healthy team spirit within the virtual teams;
- Experience of work in an INGO setting and past exposure with the international working culture and practices is a huge advantage;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written;
- Native in local language
Note: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to 30% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 07.11.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 19 dana (ističe 26.11.2022.)