Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management; all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.?
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people?be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions.But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
Hiring is the most important thing a growing business needs to do well. We look for engineers who have following the three attributes: they are technical, versatile, and data-driven.
Since each engineering team operates with a high degree of autonomy, the work to deliver software involves many functions from sprint to sprint with a model of “build it, run it”. As we hire, we are looking forengineers who are good communicators and can do more than just writing code. Versatility and making decisions based on data are important attributes of working in engineering.
- Develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery.
- Develop and maintain a current and thorough understanding of existing system design, architecture, and business logic.
- Work with team members to develop and document detailed test suites using our behavior driven development model.
- Provide project management with software testing effort estimates for project planning and scheduling purposes.
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products comply with approved design and documented requirements.
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes.
- Actively participates in requirements and design reviews, release readiness reviews and other inspections.
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggests process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring.
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks as needed.
- Provide ongoing process improvement and efficiency metrics for the team and department.
- Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is necessary to finish tasks.
What you bring to the team.
- Development experience in Java / Kotlin / Angular or similar tech stacks
- Experience using automation testing tools and techniques
- Experience with formal testing processes
- Test case and test scenario writing; both manual and automation
- Experience working with scripting languages and APIs
- Good problem-solving skills and a solid grasp of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Strong communication skills, openness to collaborate, and enthusiasm to deliver as a part of a team
- A passion and drive for learning technologies and applying them pragmatically
You should at least be familiar with:
- Experience with modern (RESTful) web applications
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, or similar language dev skills
- Experience with SQL; PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with common front-end technologies such as Angular, React, Pug, Bower/NPM, Grunt, etc.
- Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
*Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We will not use third party apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.