|Duty station||Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (with frequent travel in the Region)|
|Eligibility||Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Vacancy type||Full time position|
|Contract type||Fixed-term employment agreement|
|Contract Duration||One year initially, renewable subject to performance evaluation and funding availability|
|Application deadline||15th August 2022|
|Starting date||As soon as possible|
|Applications to be submitted to||[email protected] (please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject line)|
AIRE Centre, in partnership with the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) Secretariat, is implementing a regional project titled Combating corruption and organised crime in the Western Balkans through strengthening regional cooperation in asset recovery 2021-2024 (hereinafter: Asset Recovery Project II). The Regional Asset Recovery Project II, launched in September 2021, will consolidate the successes of the previous regional asset recovery project by embedding improvements in regional cooperation into asset recovery practice in cases of corruption and serious and organised crime in the Western Balkans and ensuring the sustainability of asset recovery practice by expanding regional capacity in novel areas of cooperation in line with international best practice and standards. Jurisdictions covered by the project are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Participation of Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova and Romania will also be ensured to the highest degree possible. More about the Phase I can be found at the following LINK. The Project is financially supported by the UK Government.
The Regional Anti-Corruption Initiative (RAI) is an intergovernmental regional organization with nine member states: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia; and three observers: Poland, Georgia and Slovenia. Kosovo* institutions are the beneficiary of RAI activities. RAI’s mission is to lead regional cooperation to support anticorruption efforts by providing a common platform for discussions through sharing knowledge and best practices. RAI acts as a regional hub through which governments of the region combine their efforts to help curb corruption in South Eastern Europe (SEE). RAI Secretariat is based in Sarajevo and it is the executive body of the Initiative. It facilitates regional cooperation and efforts in curbing corruption in SEE by building on existing actions, through better coordination of all efforts, and by relying on high level political commitment.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
The Advice on Individual Rights in Europe (AIRE Centre) is a non-governmental organisation based in the United Kingdom whose mission is to promote awareness of European legal standards and assist vulnerable and marginalised individuals in asserting them. In the Western Balkans, the AIRE Centre has an unrivalled record for delivering rule of law programmes for more than 15 years. The AIRE Centre works regularly at all levels from justice ministers, interior ministers and supreme courts to the judicial training centres/academies that are responsible for the formation of new judges in six key Western Balkans jurisdictions.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
Under the overall coordination and guidance of Project Manager and direct supervision of the Chief Program and Communications Officer, and under executive authority of the Head of RAI Secretariat, the Project Officer will be responsible for operational management and administration of the Project implemented by AIRE Centre and RAI Secretariat.
More specifically, the Project Officer will be in charge of the administration and logistics of the project implementation. The Project Officer will act as an event organizer working on organization and coordination of regional working groups, conferences, workshops and trainings. They will establish effective relations and maintain communication with project beneficiaries and stakeholders at local and regional levels; provide inputs to communications and promotion products and materials to ensure accurate information and quality; assist Project Manager to collect project cycle information to produce progress reports on time. Additionally, the Project Officer will take lead in maintaining Asset Recovery Online Platform by updating and posting relevant content prepared by the team of project experts, and by proposing new ways of upgrading the platform. Platform is currently being developed as an online database that will contain important case law, examples of best practice, training materials and asset-recovery manuals.
The assignment will require frequent travel in the region, in accordance with restrictions caused by the outbreak of COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities Project Implementation:
- Coordinates with and supports Project Manager in overall management of the Project, including administrative, logistical and technical aspects thereof;
- Acts as a focal point for Project beneficiaries and maintains cooperation with stakeholders, in collaboration with other team members;
- Ensures adherence to relevant log frame objectives, action plans and budgets and quality assurance of implemented outputs;
- Assists Project Manager to collect project cycle information in order to timely produce progress reports;
- Acts as event organizer of the Project through organization and coordination of regional working groups, conferences, workshops and training programs;
- Facilitates agenda development and communication with beneficiaries;
- Participates and presents the Project internally and in inter-agency meetings when needed;
Partnership Development and Communication:
- Establishes effective relations and maintains communication with project beneficiaries, donors and partners (multi-sectoral, government and nongovernment) at national and regional levels;
- Promotes AIRE Centre and RAI mission and values at meetings and other regional events, in particular human rights-based approach and gender equality;
- Ensures timely implementation of the Project’s Communication and Visibility Plan and ensures appropriate AIRE, RAI and donor visibility of all Project activities in accordance with the prescribed requirements;
- Provides inputs to communications and promotion products and materials;
- Maintains the Asset Recovery Online Platform https://arrplatform.org/ by updating and posting relevant content and by proposing new ways of upgrading the platform;
Performs other specific tasks relevant to the work of the Secretariat and the level of authority as required.
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in law, international relations and diplomacy, political sciences, business or public administration (alternatively University degree in other social sciences field supported by substantive relevant experience in similar role related to project implementation will be accepted);
- Experience and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in implementation of projects in public sector or civil society, experience in regional/multi-national projects will be considered an advantage;
- Work experience on administrative and logistical matters related to implementation of projects;
- Experience in assignments related to organization of conferences, workshops, and/or training programs;
- Experience in operating Web Content Management Systems (experience with WordPress would be considered an advantage) will be considered an advantage;
- Track record of similar assignments with donor-funded projects in the SEE region would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity in working with anti-corruption issues would be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral;
- Computer literacy (proficiency in use of office applications and social media, intermediate level in use of visual editing and creating tools);
- Demonstrated experience in working with different stakeholders;
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills with ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work;
- Ability to work in demanding environment and within limited time frames;
- Work well independently, and in teams to achieve collective goals through active participation;
- Ability to present ideas and plans clearly using the available resources;
- Focus on impacts and results for the partners and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to prioritize the workload to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling the universal and EU values and ethical standards;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism.
4. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Eligibility: citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Interested applicants shall submit the following documents/information in English to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Cover Letter demonstrating applicant’s motivation and how applicant’s experience and
competencies match those required by the Vacancy;
- Contact details of two referees familiar with the applicant’s work experience and who can be contacted in English (details shall include email address, phone number and nature of professional relationship);
- Information on availability/commencement date;
- Information on citizenship (indication in the CV or in the Cover Letter is sufficient).
5. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
RAI applies a fair and transparent selection process that takes into account technical qualifications of the potential candidates.
Candidate applications determined as responsive/compliant/acceptable shall be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method, taking into consideration the combination of applicants’ education, qualifications, and experience, as indicated below:
- Education – qualifying criteria (no points to be allocated);
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar role in the SEE region – qualifying criteria (no points to be allocated);
- Work experience on administrative and logistical matters related to the implementation of projects – 15%;
- Experience in assignments related to the organization of conferences, workshops, and/or training programs – 15%;
- Experience in website content management – ability to operate CMS: 10%
- Demonstrated experience in working with different stakeholders: government institutions, public officials, international organizations, and civil society in SEE and/or in similar assignments with donor-funded projects in the SEE region (beyond BiH): +5%;
- Familiarity in working with anti-corruption and/or asset recovery issues: +5%;
- Interview – 50%.
Five candidates receiving the highest score in the evaluation process shall be shortlisted for an interview. Interviews may include one or more of the following: written test, job-related examinations, situational exercises and language tests.
The employment agreement shall be offered to the applicant who received the highest score out of the technical evaluation (50% of total score) and interview (50% of total score).
6. CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT
The selected candidate is expected to start working as soon as possible, subject to availability of funding.
This is a full-time position with a 90 days probation period. The contract shall be signed for one year, with the possibility for extension based on the funding availability.
RAI offers a compensation package that is competitive and comparable with other regional organizations.
Annual gross salary: €22.430
Holidays: 30 days of annual leave, holidays observed by the Secretariat (available at the following LINK) and 2 days for observance of other holidays.
RAI Secretariat encourages all employees to balance their professional and private life and recognizes work-from-home policy or flexible scheduling.
Compulsory pension/health/unemployment insurance in Bosnia and Herzegovina and travel health insurance shall be provided.
7. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
All additional questions regarding this vacancy announcement can be submitted via e-mail with a clearly indicated vacancy you are referring to in the subject of the message, to the following email address: [email protected] All questions shall be submitted in English.
Questions may be sent not later than five days before the deadline for the submission of the applications. Answers will be provided not later than three days before the application deadline. All questions and answers that may be relevant to other applicants as well will be published on the RAI Secretariat website. Information on senders will not be disclosed.
8. HOW TO APPLY
Full applications with supporting documents shall be sent by midnight of August 15th, 2022 (23:59 CET) via email to RAI Secretariat ([email protected]). Applications submitted by other means (e.g. by fax, via post, in person) shall not be considered.
Job title shall be indicated in the email subject line.
Late and incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Acknowledgement receipt shall be sent for all received applications. Due to the large number of applications, we receive, we are able to inform only the candidates who are short-listed for an interview.
RAI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Qualified women, individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.