Location: Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline: 28-Oct-22 (Midnight New York, USA) Time left: 15d 14h 14m
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 15 expert dates, November 2022 – February 2023
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Application with a CV must be submitted online via this website. Please click on “Apply Now” Tab and complete required fields and upload CV. Please note that website accepts only one document therefore, if you would like to upload more than one document, please make sure to combine it into a single one. Financial offer (for national consultants only in BAM) in a form of completed and Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and availability – https://tinyurl.com/Offeror-Letter – Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx – to be sent to e-mail [email protected] with Subject: Job ID 109669.
Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD2) is a continuation of the EU-UNDP partnership and previously supported initiative – ReLOaD1 implemented from 2017-2020. The programme continues to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU integration process in the Western Balkans (WB) by empowering civil society and youth to actively take part in decision making and by stimulating an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society. It is implemented in the WB region: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), North Macedonia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, and Serbia. Working across the region, ReLOaD2 enhances capacities of local governments and civil society organizations (CSO) to engage in productive partnerships and contribute to improved service delivery and realisation of local priorities in line with development strategies. The project in BiH selected 13 partner local governments (LGs) and will incite them to improve public funding for CSO in a transparent and development-oriented manner, recognising local needs and embracing a project-based approach. ReLOaD2 will provide technical support to partner LGs in allocating funds to CSOs using the mechanisms for transparent disbursement of funds for CSOs (LOD methodology ). Also, the project will promote youth engagement and support implementation of youth initiatives and will work on facilitating first job experience and internships in partner localities. Therefore, the project supports building capacities of young people involved in ReLOaD2 project activities.
Trust within the community seems to be the main motivator for stronger involvement. ReLOaD2 will aim at identifying youth community leaders which will promote youth engagement and implementation of youth initiatives at the level of their communities. Strong involvement of young people is a prerequisite for successful implementation of youth initiatives in local communities.
Therefore, the objective of the assignment is to provide young people from Rudo Municipality with the set of skills which will build their capacities with aim to be ReLOaD youth community leader in Rudo Municipality. The assignment includes development and conducting training for youth leader for young people from Rudo Municipality. The training should cover following areas: leadership skills (communication skills, behavioral traits, problem-solving skills), management, facilitation and advocacy skills. It is expected that young people participating in the trainings gain additional skills and knowledge enabling the candidates to inspire and encourage youth from Rudo Municipality to engage in youth initiatives or other community actions within local community.
Group will consist of up to ten young people respecting the principals of gender equality but also offering equal opportunity to young people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups.
Travel to Rudo is required.
* For the European Union, this designation is without prejudice to position on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence. For UNDP all references to Kosovo shall be understood in the context of the UN Resolution 1244/1999. Bihac, Centar Sarajevo, Gacko, Gradiška, Grad Istocno Sarajevo, Goražde, Mostar, Novo Sarajevo, Prijedor, Prozor Rama, Rudo, Ugljevik and Vitez.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager the consultant will be responsible for development and implementation of Leadership training for group of young people in Rudo Municipality. S/he will develop and deliver training including but not limiting to above mentioned areas in order to strengthen the capacities of young people to promote their community involvement and engagement, motivating them to take responsibility for community development. as a youth community leader and increase their capability for implementation of youth volunteer initiatives in line with ReLOaD2 project requirements.
Gained soft skills should address the development of attitudes and attributes as well as improvement in communication skills. This will, in turn, result in the ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively and interact with the right attitude.
For this, the following aspects should be focused on:
1. Four-day training on topics:
“Leadership Skills” – How do you describe leadership skills? What are the qualities of a good leader? What knowledge, experiences and skills should a good leader possess? Am I a good leader (self-assessment)? What strengths and abilities should a leader demonstrate in order to oversee processes, guide initiatives and steer their team members towards the achievement of goals?
“Effective Communication Skills” – verbal, non-verbal, pronunciation and intonation, identifying and removing barriers to communication, acquisition of different styles of communication),
“Behavioral Traits” – attitude, motivation, time and stress management, business ethics,
“Problem-solving Skills” – creative, critical, and analytical thinking, conflict handling, and decision-making
2. Three-day training on topics:
“Facilitation skills” – designing a results-based agenda, facilitation of difficult group, encouraging the participation of all team members, modeling effective listening, being genuinely open to the ideas of others, identifying and transforming conflict, dealing with “difficult participants”, clarifying next steps, assigning action items, conducting evaluation of the group´s process;
“Advocacy skills” – clearly defining the problem, identifying appropriate advocacy type depending on the audience, building expertise, developing the right attitude with different stakeholders, how to negotiate with government officials and civil society organization, how to advocate for the youth rights
“Crowdfunding skills” – how to develop the storytelling skills necessary to prepare a good crowdfunding? How to get people excited about your idea, story, or cause of crowdfunding? How to develop self-motivation methods? What are the elements of crowdfunding?
Considering the above, the consultant is expected to perform the following concrete tasks:
Task 1. Development of the training programme package
As part of this task, the Trainer will:
Develop training programs package that is aligned with this ToR and Scope of work, including design and development of curriculum, materials, and assessmentsAll supporting materials for the training programme (hand-outs for participants, power point presentations, checklists and reference materials);Detail plan of implementation of training for youth leadersDetail agenda for trainings in agreement with UNDPTraining evaluation formThe level of effort envisaged for this task is 3days.
This will be followed with consultation and orientation meeting with ReLOaD team to set standards for the preparation of training programme package and proposed methodology.
Task 2: Delivering and conducting training for youth leaders
As part of this task, the Trainer will:
Facilitate and deliver training for youth leaders training in person for up to 10 participants in accordance with the agreed dynamics of interested participantsProvide ReLOaD2 project team actual participant list and end of each of day trainingMeasuring the effectiveness of training programs by conducting evaluations with participants and ReLOaD2 project team after a course has been completedLeading group discussions and providing guidance on effective communication skills to increase productivity and efficiency within a team of young people in Rudo MunicipalityThe level of effort envisaged for this task is 10 days.
ReLOaD2 project will facilitate cooperation between the consultant and contact persons in Rudo Municipality to ensure overall benefit for the project and participants of the Soft Skills training. The consultant will provide updates/one-page report after each of training topic, as agreed with the ReLOaD2 project team during the introductory meeting.
Each of the mentioned topics of soft skills training should be carried out by the consultant within one working day. The dynamics of training implementation will be agreed with the training participants.
A total of 10 working days will be required to conduct the training for all five soft skills training topics ReLoaD2 project team will prepare and organize logistics for the training (training equipment, handouts, form of list for participants etc) according to inputs and checklist provided by selected trainer.
Task 3. Final Reporting
The consultant will prepare a final report that will integrate the key findings, conclusions, results, lessons learned, participant’s statements and recommendations for future Soft Skill Training. Concrete structure and content of the report will be decided in cooperation with the ReLOaD2 project team. The report should be submitted to ReLOaD2 project team in one of the official languages in Bosnia and Herzegovina (MS Word electronic version). The final version of the report must take into consideration all comments provided by the project and secure the final approval by ReLOaD team.
The level of effort envisaged for this task is 2 days
Duration period for the consultancy is by November – February 2023.
|#||Deliverables / Outputs||# of Days per Task||Due Date||Percentage|
|1.||Task 1: Development of the training programme packageDeliverable: Developed training programs package; supporting materials for the training programme (hand-outs for participants, power point presentations, checklists, and reference materials) prepared and approved; detail plan of implementation of Soft Skills training developed and approved; detail agenda for trainings/workshops developed and approved; training evaluation form developed and approved||3 days||November 18th 2023||20%|
|2.||Task 2: Deliver and conduct Soft Skills trainingDeliverable: organized and delivered Soft Skills training divided in 10 working days in person for up to 10 participants: provided participant lists; provided one-page report after each of the one-day workshop||10 days||February10th 2023||67%|
|3.||Task 3: Final ReportingFinal report submitted and approved.||2 days||February 28th 2023||13%|
Corporate Responsibility and Teamwork:
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time;
- Strives for and promotes excellence in performance continually;
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Generates ideas and seizes opportunities to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
- Builds trust and engenders morale by displaying open, transparent and credible behaviour;
- Respects individual/cultural /gender differences; utilizes diversity to foster teamwork;
- Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process.
Partnering and Networking:
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work autonomously.
- Plans and procedures quality results to meet established goals.
- Technical writing skills, formulates written information clearly and persuasively;
- Strong communication skills;
- Shares information openly with co-workers and partners while using discretion to protect confidences;
- Presents information in a clear and articulate manner.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- In-depth knowledge of development issues;
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of communications issues and production of various communications products;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Public Administration, Economics, Law, Social Sciences or related field. Advanced degree will be considered as an asset.
- At least five years’ work experience in a training or capacity building role in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Previous experience in conducting Soft Skills Training is required;
- Previous experience in dealing with civil society organizations (CSOs) or youth groups is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of frameworks and structures for youth participation in Bosna and Herzegovina;
- Fluency in written and spoken languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications) and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource.
Longlisting/Shortlisting CriteriaQualifications as stated in the ToR
|Relevant Education||max 3 points
1 point allocated for BA/BSc degree
+ 1 points for MSc/MA
+ 1 points for PhD
|Relevant professional experience (at least five years’ work experience in a training or capacity building role in Bosnia and Herzegovina)||max 7 points|
|Submitted methodology||max 10 points|
|Previous experience in conducting Soft Skills Training||max 5 points|
|Previous experience in dealing with civil society organizations (CSOs) or youth groups||max 5 points|
Technical Evaluation Criteria
|Rating based on Qualifications||30%|
Individual will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, andb) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Interested candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work of designing and delivering training as stipulated in ToR.
- Personal CV/P11, including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 13.10.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 15 dana (ističe 28.10.2022.)