Application Deadline : 29-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 3d 15h 10m
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 December 2021 – 31 December 2022 (maximum 36 days)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.BackgroundNOTE: Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and availability – https://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx – Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx – to be sent to e-mail [email protected] with Subject: Job ID 103240
The consultancy is planned within the Project for Improving Performance of Local Services (PIPLS) in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The project is primarily funded by the Government of the Kingdom of Sweden and co-funded and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). As part of the UNDP BiH’s Good Governance Sector’s portfolio, the PIPLS project delivers targeted technical assistance to partner local authorities in improving their financial and asset management practices, as well as providing co-financing for the implementation of critical service delivery priorities.
This consultancy will take part in the project’s expenditure management component that aims to improve how cantonal governments manage their resources. In particular, the purpose of the consultancy is to contribute to improved programmatic delivery as well as financial management by the Tuzla cantonal government through facilitating the implementation of recommendations arising from recently administered comprehensive spending review. The consultancy is preceded by an exhaustive review of Tuzla Canton budget management practices, with working structure to be formed to spearhead the implementation of resulting recommendations. In order to support the work of this body, the Project is seeking to recruit a senior local consultant to help guide and inform the process while also monitoring and reporting on the implementation of key recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultancy will follow on the heels of comprehensive spending review process carried out in Tuzla Canton by a team of senior consultants. Aimed to support the process, cantonal government will establish a working group composed of representatives of selected ministries/sectors. The findings of the review process, focusing largely on financial and asset management practices, have been translated into a practical action plan that working group and respective ministries are expected to adhere to over the coming 12 months. The Consultant will be provided with the original review report and action plan.
Accordingly, the Consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist the Working Group in updating the spending review document;
- Conduct quarterly monitoring progress reviews;
Task 1 – Assist the Working Group in updating the spending review document
This activity implies 4 days of a field work in selected cantonal government. Under this task, The Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Consult the Working Group members and collect feedback on spending review document;
- Revise and update the spending review document in line with the Working Group suggestions;
- Develop a monitoring tool for the implementation of recommendations stemming from spending review.
The time foreseen for this task is 4 days.
Task 2 – Conduct quarterly monitoring progress reviews
Under this task, the Consultant will conduct at least one quarterly monitoring progress review for Tuzla Canton, meeting with members of the Working Group tasked with implementation of the action plan. The review will follow a pre-designated monitoring tool format where the Consultant is expected to go through all of the commitments undertaken by the local government and assess progress. The Consultant is also expected to provide any assistance needed by the working group in translating the action plan into practical measures. The Consultant will also take note of any technical assistance needs stated by the working group that cannot be met in the course of the monitoring review or performed by the monitoring consultant for communication to the project team.Following each monitoring review, the Consultant is expected to provide a brief report to the project team on progress and issues recorded during the visit. This activity implies at least 20 days of a field work in selected cantonal government.The time foreseen for this task is 28 days.
Task 3 – Deliver final report
At the end of the assignment, the Consultant is expected to draft an analytical report in the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina, providing all relevant information on progress achieved as well as any systemic issues encountered. The report will also contain recommendations as to the next stages in the implementation process, as appropriate. The report should be prepared in a comprehensive way, divided in relevant sections and including both narrative and numeric elaborations.
The time foreseen for this task is 4 days.
|Deliverables/outputs#Deliverables / Outputs# of Days per TaskDue DatePercentage1.Task 1: Assist the Working Group in updating the spending review document Spending review document updated and finalized. Monitoring tool developed and adopted by project team. 4 expert days20 December 2021 10%2.Task 2: Conduct quarterly monitoring progress reviews (present budget included) Quarterly review reports submitted. 7 expert days 7 expert days 7 expert days 7 expert days 31 March 2022 30 June 2022 30 September 2022 20 December 2022 80%3.Task 3: Deliver final report Final report submitted and approved by the project team. 4 expert days 25 December 2022 10|
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Demonstrates professional competence to meet responsibilities and post requirements and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results;
- Results-Orientation: Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations;
- Communication: Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match target audiences;
- Teamwork: Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with government counterparts, donors, NGOs, and other development partners;
- Client orientation: Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in economics, public finance, public administration or other related field;
- 10 years of relevant experience in the field of financial policy planning, financial management, local development, strategic development or sustainability management;
- Previous experience in performing similar tasks;
- Proven ability to undertake professional research using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to conceptualise and write concisely and clearly;Proven communication, facilitation and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in in the official languages in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in English.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications) and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource.
Qualifications as stated in the ToR
|Relevant Education||max 30 points|
|Relevant professional experience||max 65 points|
|Prior work experience with UNDP/UN Agencies||max 5points|
Technical Evaluation Criteria
|Rating based on Qualifications||20%|
|10 years of relevant experience in the field of financial policy planning, financial management, local development, strategic development or sustainability management;||50%|
|Previous experience in performing similar tasks||30%|
Individual will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, andb) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical Criteria weight-70%
- Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Interested candidated must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Personal CV/P11, including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
Lokacija: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Broj izvršilaca: 1Datum objave: 26.11.2021.
Trajanje oglasa: 3 dana (ističe 29.11.2021.)