Agency UN Women
Title Programme Coordinator
Job ID 40355Practice Area – Job Family Women’s Empowerment
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA) 12/11/2021
Time Left 11d 19h 53m
Duty Station Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Education & Work Experience I-Master’s Level Degree – 7 year(s) experience
Languages Required: Desired: English
Vacancy Type Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type External
Bureau Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration 1 yearBIH citizens only
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application. UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.) UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Through its programmes and projects, UN Women is providing technical assistance to national partners (governmental and non-governmental) in the implementation of existing international and national commitments to women’s rights and gender equality, it facilitates networking and exchange of good practices and advocates for women’s rights and gender equality in all areas of life. According to its mandate, UN Women works in five thematic areas, such as leadership and participation, women’s economic empowerment, ending violence against women, women peace and security and governance and national planning fully reflect accountability for gender equality commitments. In Bosnia and Herzegovina UN Women works in three key strategic areas – Women’s Economic Empowerment, Ending Violence against Women and Gender Responsive Governance. In Women’s Economic Empowerment UN Women utilizes a two-pronged approach of influencing the major players and implementing targeted interventions aimed at influencing policies, programmes and funds relevant for women’s economic empowerment. As all fields in which UN Women is engaged with relevant institutions, segment of women’s economic empowerment requires a high level of coordination with all levels of government, across the country. UN Women’s key comparative advantage in this area of work is in the production of knowledge, programming and policy recommendations on key areas of women’s economic empowerment as well as piloting targeted support to policy makers, businesses, and key categories of women that need economic activation.Over the current strategic period 2021 – 2025, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), UN Women will work to improve policy framework for job creation, including perspectives of care economy and entrepreneurship, and the implementation of existing policies through policy coherence between programmes for gender equality and promotion of women’s access to decent work. At the institutional level, UN Women aims to achieve effective targeting and inclusion of women (especially those most marginalized) in existing labor market measures and programmes based on the action-oriented research of the existing measures and piloting of the new targeted approaches to women’s economic empowerment. Building on previous investments in support of gender responsive policies and budgets, UN Women will support the development and resilience of women owned business and women entrepreneurs and improve the socio-economic position of rural women and their cooperatives. UN Women will also continue seeking to ensure ICT/STEM education and job opportunities are available and accessible to girls and women, by promoting the network of women in ICT, mentorship programs and using Women’s Empowerment Principles and other tools to improve gender-equality in male-dominated industries. The UN Women Country Office in Bosnia and Herzegovina has been supporting relevant stakeholders in the country to advance economic empowerment of women and plans to intensify the efforts in this are in the coming period. For this purpose the Country Office is seeking to recruit Women’s Economic Empowerment Programme Coordinator to lead the expanding portfolio of work in this thematic area. Under the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist and overall supervision of the UN Women Representative, the WEE Programme Coordinator will be responsible for overall supervision of UN Women Strategic Note impact 1 (Women’s Economic Empowerment) including direct management of selected programme component and oversight of remaining programme components.
Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Implementation and OversightOversight and management of projects under Women’s Economic Empowerment – BIH Strategic Note Impact Area 1
- Coordination with the partners to design implementation plans, including modalities, timeline and budget contributing to the achievement of target outputs defined in the UN Women Strategic Note;
- Provide expert support and oversight of the programme design and implementation, including implementing partners (government and NGOs), consultants and collaborators, and other stakeholders;
- Manage the selected project components within the portfolio ensuring timely planning and implementations of project activities;
- Undertake regular field trips to support the work of key partners, both institutions and civil society organizations;
- Develop and update quarterly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work-plan;
- Lead preparation and quality assurance of the internal and donor reports;
- Ensure proper identification of and follow up to mobilize partnerships and expert resources for programme implementation;
- Ensure project documentation/communication is properly done, tracking system is in place for efficient project management;
- Prepare deliverables and provide technical support and inputs as needed for the project;
- Ensure adherence to the UN Women operating rules and procedures;
- Perform appropriate operations in ATLAS- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Overall oversight of the Women’s Economic Empowerment Portfolio
- Under the guidance and oversight of the Programme Specialist oversee and guide design, implementation, monitoring, coordination and communications of projects within the portfolio;
- Provide guidance and oversight to the team to ensure timely and efficient implementation of the activities in accordance with the workplan;
- Oversee projects under the portfolio through technical monitoring and administrative supervision ensuring the results-orientation, adherence to the procedures and appropriate monitoring of progress against set objectives and indicators;
- Oversee the timely preparation and quality control of all substantive technical reports, briefs and required documents;
- Conduct field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities of portfolio.
Partnerships and Coordination Support to coordination, strategic partnerships, advocacy, communication and resource mobilization
- Foster strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the field of gender equality and gender based violence;
- Identify and link to related ongoing activities within other institutions and encourage collaboration and synergies;
- Support the development and implementation of partnerships and resources mobilization strategies;
- Support the design and coordinate partnerships with the relevant UN Agencies, international organizations, government institutions, donors, private sector, civil society;
- Develop analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost-sharing;
- Support the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to the international networks;
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key national and international partners
- Identify and communicate best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to the programme goals.
Normative leadership on Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Contribute to knowledge and information sharing on women’s economic empowerment;
- Draft Terms of reference for national and international consultants, experts/ institutions, and CSOs and supervise and evaluate their performance in delivering required outputs;
- Undertake close supervision of the studies, analysis and consultancies that are commissioned by projects and troubleshoot as needed;
- Promote and advocate for the programme in the media, in relevant national seminars, meetings of work groups and panels, and project periodic evaluation and review meetings;
- Provide substantive guidance to the Women’s Economic Empowerment portfolio and identify entry points and needs for future work in this field;
- Proactively contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdfFunctional Competencies
- Excellent substantive knowledge on gender equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Lead teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the partners and responds positively to feedback.
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations, organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet partners and donors needs and deadlines;
- Responds to partners needs promptly;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong IT skills and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Advanced University degree in gender, development, public policy, social studies or closely related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience. Previous experience working with international organizations as well as gender equality issues is needed;
- Professional experience in project development/ management and coordination, as well as in budget preparation;
- Experience working with women rights issues is necessary as well as having a good understanding of gender based violence and feminism
- Experience with the international standards related to the Project Cycle Management is required and UN experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral.
DisclaimerImportant applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNWOMEN reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNWOMEN at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Trajanje oglasa: 11 dana (ističe 12.11.2021.)