UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The outcome of this consultancy will support UN Women and UNCT capacities to design and deliver development initiatives in support to improvement of position of women and girls in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
To support design and implementation of the normative and coordination activities in line with the UN Women Annual Workplan 2021 and in support to UNSDCF Joint Work Plan 2021 – 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the UN Women Programme Specialist and overall supervision of UN Women Representative, the consultant is expected to deliver the following results:
- Conduct desk review and consultations to update the Normative Overview and Milestones for 2021
- Develop CEDAW Recommendations Action Plan for BiH and the RS
- Develop concept note for Generation Equality Campaign in BiH
- Develop recommendations for the focused work on normative issues within the process of implementation of UNSDCF 2021 – 2025
- Develop overview and key information on the normative objectives related to gender equality and empowerment of women
- Revise training materials and deliver basic and advanced training on gender equality and gender mainstreaming for UNCT project managers and other relevant staff, to cover the following: Needs assessment, Tailored training programme, based on the own and UN Women resources and Evaluation based on participants feedback and recommendation for the future capacity building activities;
- Support Development of the UNCT Gender Mainstreaming Action Plan, based on the assessment of indicators in the SWAP – Gender Scorecard and consultations with the GTG members and implementation of selected activities
Support implementation of the selected objectives of the UNCT Gender Mainstreaming Action Plan
- Lead development of the Concept note for UN Women collaboration with the CSOs
- Support organization and facilitation of the CSO Convention
- Organize bi-weekly briefings with the UN Women Programme Specialist and
- Representative to provide status reports;
- Produce monthly and a final consultancy report in English after the completion of tasks, not to exceed 5 pages.
To facilitate delivery of the above outputs, UN Women will provide the consultant the following:
- Country Gender Equality Profile;
- Normative Overview for 2021
- UNSDCF 2021 – 2025 and Joint Work Plan 2021 – 2022
- COVID-19 related socio-economic assessments produced by UN Women and UNCT;
- Other documents as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (MA or MSc) in public policy or related field such as law, gender studies, development studies, political or social sciences.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in gender mainstreaming, policy research/analysis in the fields of gender equality, political science, social sciences or related field;
- Experience in working with developing or implementing international and national legal, policy frameworks regarding gender equality in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Experience working with relevant stakeholders in the country, including gender institutional mechanisms, national institutions, and the international organizations;
- Experience in organizing and delivering gender mainstreaming capacity building training;
- Previous experience working/consulting for international projects/programmes;
- Fluency in English and B/H/S, excellent spoken and written skills.
More information on link.