Deadline: 31 July 2020
Open to: any Huawei phone-user is invited to participate
Benefits: grand prize winners will be awarded the USD 10,000 NEXT-IMAGE creation fund, a HUAWEI P40 Pro smartphone (8+256G), an electronic certificate and many other generous prizes
The NEXT-IMAGE Awards embody Huawei’s dedication to the craft and artistry of modern photography.
By equipping aspiring photographers with cutting-edge technology, Huawei hopes to provide the outlet for an outpouring of creative inspiration.
There are six different categories from which participants can choose from:
- Near Far – Discovering new places and new experiences there by using new features of phone camera, for instance tele-photo lens, super-wide-angle lens or macro-shooting lens.
- Good Night – Capturing fun moments in low light.
- Hello, Life! – Sharing the emotion or the inspiration in everyday experiences.
- Faces – Experimenting with identity and the power of portraiture of you yourself, her/him/it or them.
- Live Moments – Filming stories in less than 10 minutes (at least 10 seconds).
- Storyteller – Sequencing 3 to 9 photos to tell a story, to express the emotion, to record the changes or to find a trend.
In order to be eligible to apply, all participants must be Huawei phone-users and all submissions to the NEXT-IMAGE Awards must be created with HUAWEI/HONOR phones.
Note: There are no restrictions on when you took the photos/videos or which model of HUAWEI/HONOR phone you used.
There are four groups of prizes for the winners:
- Three grand prize winners will receive the NEXT-IMAGE creation fund of USD10,000, a HUAWEI P40 Pro (8 GB+256 GB) smartphone;
- 15 best-in-category winners will receive the NEXT-IMAGE creation fund of USD1,000, a HUAWEI P40 Pro (8 GB+256 GB) smartphone;
- 50 runner-up winners will receive a HUAWEI P40 (8 GB+256 GB) Pro smartphone and 5 honorable mentions will receive a HUAWEI P40 Pro (8 GB+256 GB) smartphone.
All four groups of chosen winners will be awarded with electronic certificates for the contest.
How to apply?
For more information about the application process, please visit the official website.