SOS Children’s Villages International Representative Office in Bosnia and Herzegovina (SOS CVI BiH) seeks the services of a skilled evaluation company and/or consultant to undertake an external Needs Assessment of a Children’s Villages Programme location in Sarajevo, Gracanica/Tuzla, and Mostar.
The overall aim of the needs assessment was to provide an objective analysis of the target group’s needs and present stakeholders in each specific SOS CVI BIH programme. For both new and ongoing programme interventions a needs assessment should be carried once per programme cycle (i.e. every 3-5 years, in line with the SOS Results Based Management Approach) in order to guide SOS staff on whether the organisation is the best placed stakeholder to respond in a certain community, and to provide up-to-date information on context and most crucial needs of the target group.
The recommendations provided in the needs assessment report are essential to develop tailored services and interventions, and thus are the basis to develop a programme concept. Details regarding contents of Request for Proposal and Terms of Reference (ToR) submission procedures can be downloaded at https://www.sos-ds.ba/ko-smo-mi/zaposlenici/otvorene-pozicije/.
The company and/or consultant qualifications should have:
- Proven competency in monitoring and evaluation, including impact assessment or project evaluation.
- A social science backgrounds.
- Demonstrated a good knowledge of development work and partners in multiple sectors in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and experience in international development is also highly desired.
- A good knowledge of the country (Bosnia and Herzegovina) with focus on topics such as social protection and policies, education, social inclusion, gender relations etc.
- Proven experience and expertise in evaluating cross-cutting issues.
- Proven experience in participatory processes and data collection methods.
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in coordinating teamwork.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to transfer complex concepts and ideas into practical and simple language.
- Ideally experience in organizing research processes with/for SOS Children’s Villages.
- Ideally have experience and credibility in providing evaluating services to any institutional – International financed projects.
- Proficiency in English and/or local BiH language written and oral.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management.
Announcement date open: 16.10. 2020
Announcement date close: 30.10.2020
Submission of the technical and financial proposal.
The deadline for submitting the proposal is 30 October, 2020 at 16:00 hrs. (BiH time), with “Technical and Financial Proposal for needs assessment in Bosnia and Herzegovina” in the subject line.
Proposals received after the deadline will be not be considered.
Please make sure that the technical and financial proposals are handed in separately (financial proposal to be sealed in a closed envelope or a separate PDF file in case of electronic submission. During the process of evaluation, technical bids will be opened and evaluated first. The financial part of those proposals, which are shortlisted after evaluation of the technical proposal, will be opened in a second step.
Interested External Evaluator Service Provider’s should deliver, and/or email:
- Bid submission / identification form
- Previous experience format
- Price schedule form (to be sealed in a closed envelope or a separate PDF file)
- Technical proposal
- CVs of the research team member(s) including current geographical location(s)
- Three references (at least two of them must be familiar with your work)
- An example of a recent/relevant evaluation report (if available for public use)
Više informacija na oficijalnom sajtu