Vacancy for a Social Worker/Guardian for UASC – 1 position, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – NATIONAL POST
As a member of Save the Children Emergency Response Team for the provision of support and assistance to refugee and migrant children, Guardian for UASC will be assigned to support the Cantonal Centre for Social Work Sarajevo in the provision of protection, support and assistance to unaccompanied and separated children identified at the territory of this canton. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, Social Worker/Guardian for UASC will be managing a caseload, undertaking statutory social work duties focusing on completion of accurate assessment, identification of potential risk and ensuring the best interest of unaccompanied and separated children with whom he/she will be working for.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• University degree in social sciences or relevant;
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with children/adolescents and their families required;
• Thorough understanding of children’s needs and child development in difficult circumstances;
• Understanding of child protection system – national, cantonal and preferably protection system functioning in emergencies – case management and referral pathways for children at risk;
• Ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken B/H/S languages, knowledge of the English language will be an advantage;
• Strong computer skills;
• Valid Driver’s license and willingness to undertake intensive driving within Canton Sarajevo;
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 2 May 2022
Closing date: 9 May 2022 – 17:59 EDT
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time