Šehmedia, a young translation agency based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
As there is a growing demand for experienced translators in various fields, we tackle the need of Language Service Providers worldwide for a more organizational approach. Focusing on timely translation, proofreading, and localization of content, we hire in-house translators, who are supervised by our trained project managers and therefore deliver high-quality services to our clients.
We are expanding our team in Sarajevo for the position
In-house Translation & Localization Associate (ENG-DE)
Typos and awkward syntax bother you? Do you catch yourself eliminating grammar errors and devising better sentences for translation? Then take advantage of your language skills and join our team of translators and editors.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who has an advanced level of knowledge of German (C1) and its culture, and a good understanding of English (B2). We expect creativity and love for language, an organized work responsibility, research spirit, and the focus on details. The candidate should embrace technology and feel comfortable using Microsoft Office and show the willingness to learn how to use CAT tools.
- You translate texts of language pairs ENG-DE and vice versa; DE-BHS and vice versa; you ensure that the meaning of the translations is in line with the original text and that all project tasks are completed within the deadline.
- You are responsible for spelling, punctuation, grammar, stylistic verification of internal and external translation projects, and formatting of projects as needed.
In-house Translator & Localization Associate is a position within the translation team responsible for providing translation and proofreading services for projects of marketing, economics, law, technology, automotive, fashion, and food industry content.
What we offer
- Working as a professional translator improves your English and German language skills;
- Knowledge is an instrument of success, that’s way we share experience, provide mentoring, and create learning strategies.
- Your opinion is important – say what you think and feel, and we will take time to discuss the matter with you.
- Be fair, we are: What we agree will be realized. There is no room for hidden actions and unspoken thoughts.
If you'd like to support our team with your expertise, let's work together and rock the translation world. We are looking forward to receiving your application via APPLY button!