Save the Children in North Western Balkans (Save the Children in NWB) seeks a Project Manager based in Sarajevo.The post holder is expected to manage the implementation of the USAID funded project Enhancing and Advancing Basic Learning and Education (ENABLE) in Bosnia-Herzegovina Phase II with the ENABLE BiH team members to ensure delivery of the project in line with the defined Work Plan with a range of stakeholders – models schools for implementation of integrated STEM based approach teaching based on Operational Teaching Curriculum developed in the Phase I of the project, link model schools with STEM related businesses in local communities, work with relevant technological parks on provision of non-formal STEM education and support to a selected number Universities to improve pre-service teacher training in PPDM field.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• University degree in relevant field
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an INGO environment on programme related to education;
• Excellent understanding of current legislation and institutional set up of education system in BiH and key stakeholders;
• Understanding and experience working in complex scenarios, multi-layered project that include reform process in education on national and international levels, primary, secondary and higher education, pre-service and in-service, education and business sector, international standards and assessments in education and new paradigms of teaching
• Understanding of programme development and implementation, including budgeting, monitoring, review and reporting, partner management and sub-granting;
• Ability to research, review and synthesize information from a range of sources and produce plans and reports;
• Facilitating meetings and problem solving skills; Ability to establish effective working relations within the project team, Country Office backstopping and external actors;•
• Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;•
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; •
• Fluency in written and spoken in English and B/H/S languages•
• Valid Driver’s license, driving experience 3-5 years as min and willingness to be to undertake intensive driving within Bosnia and Herzegovina;•
• Strong computer skills;•
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
The OrganisationWe employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday • All children learn from a quality basic education and that,• Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Application Information: Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We thank all the applicants, however only shortlisted ones will be contacted.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 27 May 2020
Closing date: 6 Jun 2020 – 17:59 EDT
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contract