TABLA Programme Specialist, In-Service Training – One position, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, NATIONAL POST ONLY
Under the leadership of the TABLA Chief of Party, the Programme Specialist will be responsible for managing and reporting on all activities implemented under Sub-purpose 2: Professional Development/In-Service Teacher Training of the TABLA project. The Programme Specialist will work in cooperation with the educational authorities in the three targeted areas, as well as with the TABLA partner organization, National Education Institute of Slovenia (NEIS). The Programme Specialist is responsible for ensuring programme interventions in the targeted areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina meet stated goals and objectives, as well as ensuring the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and deliverables under his/her responsibility.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the education sector or related field, and familiarity with education reform processes and education institutions and agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Previous experience with teacher training, curricula reform, or capacity building within the education sector preferred;
• Previous experience with USAID or US government-funded projects preferred;
• Experience with project management, event planning, and training facilitation/delivery;
• Detail oriented and committed to quality;
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with proven problem-solving ability;
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and B/C/S languages;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and good computer skills; and
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organizational mandate and child safeguarding.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 13 Jul 2021
Closing date: 24 Jul 2021 – 17:59 EDT
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time
More information you can find here