Position: Project Coordinator on the project “Enhancing Youth Cooperation and Youth Exchange in the Western Balkans 6” supported by the European Union (EU)
Work base: RYCO Head Office, Tirana, Albania
Deadline for applications: 14 February 2020
Expected beginning of the contract: April 2020
Duration of the contract: 11 months
Status in RYCO: Project Staff
For more information on the project, please click here.
The Project Coordinator is a RYCO Project Staff with a principal focus on the delivery of the predefined Project outcome and outputs. The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of RYCO Program Manager and will be responsible for the implementation of Project activities. The Project Coordinator ensures that outputs are delivered in accordance with the relevant implementation agreements and contracts and provides overall supervision and coordination of work to ensure the timely production of Project outputs. It is the Project Coordinator’s responsibility to ensure that all Project Staff are fully aware of the imperatives of the Project. The Project Coordinator will be supported in his/her work by a project team, comprising of a Finance and Accounting Officer, Project Assistant. All duties performed by the Project Coordinator will be in line with RYCO
rules and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
Coordination and implementation:
- Ensure project implementation and coordination of the different components in order to maximize efficiency and funds’ use for results;
- Plan and coordinate implementation of Project’s activities by ensuring adherence to agreed timetables and required resources;
- Supervise and coordinate the Project staff to achieve the Project outputs within the specified period of time;
Administration and procedures:
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in full accordance with RYCO and EU rules and regulations, agreed project timeline and that all RYCO staff is informed timely and accurately on the project progress, challenges, intentions or strategy changes;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of required reports; perform other coordinating tasks as appropriate for the successful implementation of the Project;
- Prepare progress, financial and ad-hoc reports as and when required;
Correlation and collaboration with the other project staff and RYCO’s permanent staff:
- Supervise and guide Project Staff in ensuring the financial integrity of the Project;
Partnership building and representation:
- Organize and participate in meetings and forums with stakeholders in order to ensure all partners and key institutional stakeholders are fully apprised of both the Project’s progress and its challenges;
- Ensure sustainability of Project’s interventions through partnerships established with key stakeholders;
- Maintain close links with the Project beneficiaries and partners in order to be fully informed about the evolving Project context and thus to advise both the RYCO leadership and on any required or recommended adjustments or modifications to Project strategy or implementation plans;
- Perform other duties as and when required, in relation to the project implementation.
- Bachelor degree with minimum three (3) years of higher education in human, social, or political sciences or related field;
- At least five (5) years of project management/coordination experience in a complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven experience as Project Manager/Project Leader/Project Coordinator or other managerial positions;
- Obligatory experience in EU funds management;
- Good understanding of Western Balkan context (social, economic and political environment);
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environments;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and organizational capacity;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Good analytical and computer skills;
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian and/or other local languages will be an asset;
- Previous experience in youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for)
- CV (Europass CV format)
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Scanned passport copy
- Two written letters of recommendation
The Application Form, the two letters of recommendation and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to [email protected] no later than 14 February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.