This call for applications for a Project Coordinator is published as part of the project “WB6 Lab”, implemented by RYCO, GROUPE SOS Pulse, SEEYN, the Franco-German Youth Office and the French Institute. The WB6 Lab is a three-year project that started on the 1st of October 2019.
The general objective of WB6 Lab is to open new spaces of reconciliation for the youth of the six Western Balkan Contracting Parties (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia), through a Regional program to support social entrepreneurship. This will enable young project leaders to develop innovative solutions to tackle the challenges faced by their communities.
The project will enrich the regional ecosystem by supporting six local structures in strengthening their ability to provide support to social entrepreneurs. The six local structures will deliver a support program, composed of an ideation phase and a regional incubation phase and will assist the development of a total of 72 impacting projects.
The support program for social entrepreneurs aims to promote dialogue and cooperation between actors and between territories through the mobility of participants, the organization of regional trainings, exchange workshops and events as well as the creation of a real network around ideation and incubation of the WB6 Lab program. Social entrepreneurship, and more generally social and economy in the WB6 will create synergy and ultimately participate in the reconciliation of populations.
Objectives of the project
The project aims to contribute to the achievement of the following specific objectives:
- Strengthening the capacity of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the Western Balkans.
- Raising awareness of entrepreneurship among people aged 15 and above, and key actors in the social economy and entrepreneurship in the Western Balkans
More information about the project can be found here.
Position: Project Coordinator on the project “WB6 Lab” co-financed by the AFD – French Development Agency and RYCO
Work base: RYCO Head Office, Tirana, Albania
Deadline for applications: 14 February 2020
Expected beginning of the contract: April 2020
Duration of the contract: 29 months
Status in RYCO: Project Staff
The Project Coordinator is a RYCO Project Staff with a principal focus on the delivery of the predefined Project outcome and outputs. The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of RYCO Program Manager and will be responsible for the implementation of Project activities. The Project Coordinator ensures that outputs are delivered in accordance with the relevant implementation agreements and contracts and provides overall supervision and coordination of work to ensure the timely production of Project outputs. The Project Coordinator will work in close collaboration with SEEYN Project Manager, GROUPE SOS Pulse Project Manager and with GROUPE SOS Pulse Project Coordinator, as well as with RYCO Finance Manager, Communication & Visibility Officer, and RYCO Local Branch Offices. All duties performed by the Project Coordinator will be in line with RYCO rules and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Coordination and implementation
- Administration and procedures
- Partnership building and representation
More details can be found here.
- Bachelor degree with minimum three (3) years of higher education in human, social, or political sciences or related field;
- At least five (5) years of project management/coordination experience in a complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven experience as Project Manager/Project Leader/Project Coordinator or other managerial positions;
- Good understanding of Western Balkan context (social, economic and political environment);
- Demonstrated experience with/in the youth employment, social entrepreneurship and social economy;
- Experience in AFD funds management will be an asset;
- Familiarity/experience with/in youth policy in the WB6 will be seen as an asset;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environments;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and organizational capacity;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Good analytical and computer skills;
- Excellent command of English;
- Knowledge of Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian and/or other local languages will be an asset;
- Good knowledge of the French language will be an advantage or asset
- Previous experience in youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose the following documents to the application:
- Application-Form_RYCO-Project-Staff (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for)
- CV (Europass CV format)
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Scanned passport copy
- Two written letters of recommendation
The Application Form, the two letters of recommendation and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfil all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to [email protected] no later than 14 February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.