Vacancy for a Project Manager – ENVISION project, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – NATIONAL POST ONLY
The overall goal of the post holder is to lead the implementation of the SC Italy funded project “Creating Enabling Environment for Social Inclusion of children – ENVISION Phase II (ENVISION)” by managing the project team in delivering (planning, implementation and reporting) quality project results as per the project application and agreed annual work plans as per Save the Children’s standards and donor requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for managing and ensuring effective implementation and high impact of the ENVISION project that focuses on providing appropriate care and combating harmful child labour. He/she will work closely with the Operations Manager, Programme Development and Quality Director, MEAL and advocacy/comms functions to ensure the effectiveness of implementation and impact along, as well as the overall coordinated strategy of Save the Children in the Child Protection Thematic Area. In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or relevant field, or BA with equivalent field experience (min five years)
- Extensive experience of working in the child protection sector and at least 3 years of experience in the management of programmes specific to child protection
- Proven capacity in all segments of project cycle management
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in technical skills and project management
- Experience working and building the capacity of partners on technical issues
- Specific experience of designing and managing major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies.
- Proven ability to work effectively with partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children including willingness to abide and enforce the Child Safeguarding Policy. In particular, a good understanding of the organisational mandate and child focus.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Application Information: Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Feb 4, 2021