GIP Compliance Officer_NPSA 8
Sarajevo, Bosnia and HerzegovinaShow
Job Identification 1879
Locations Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posting Date 12/22/2021, 08:54 AM
Apply Before 01/06/2022, 05:59 AM
Degree Level Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Vacancy Type National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area Management
Bureau Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience Master’s Degree
Other Criteria Two years (with BA) of relevant experience in the field of economic development, with focus on rural development;
Required Languages Fluency in English and one of the official languages of BIH (Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian), with excellent drafting and presentation skills.
Vacancy Timeline 2 Weeks
Mobility required/no mobility
mobility required https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1879/?utm_medium=jobshare
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The European Union Support to Agriculture Competitiveness and Rural Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina (EU4Agri) is a 4-year project (2020-2023) primarily funded by the European Union (EU) under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA). Worth EUR 20 million, the project is implemented jointly by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Czech Development Agency (CzDA).In line with the Strategic Plan for Rural Development of Bosnia and Herzegovina (2018-2021) – Framework Document, the project objective is to increase the competitiveness of agricultural production and rural jobs and services.
In this context, the project will focus on raising investments in the agri-food sector and increasing the knowledge and skill levels of agricultural producers and other participants in the value chain through the expanded provision of advisory services, as well as on improving economic opportunities in rural areas. The project will also enhance the policy environment through a coherent and complementary set of activities, including strengthening of institutional capacities and services, as well as improvements in policy and regulatory frameworks.Accordingly, the project expected results are as follows:
1) Higher levels of production of safe and quality food based on introduced innovative practices, while preserving the natural resources and the countryside, are sustained; and2) Policy actions are implemented in EU aligned manner, based on sector services and systems improved.
Under first result, the project will deliver a Grant Investment Package (GIP) targeting agri-food sector competitiveness. While the GIP will be designed as a coherent, coordinated set of support measures whose complementarity enables impact maximization, it will be broken into three intervention lines. The first intervention line will focus on investment in both the farm and processing sectors; the second will focus on strengthening advisory and extension services to increase sectoral knowledge, skills and organization; while the third will target strengthening and diversifying the rural economy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contributing to the implementation of GIP and overall project workplans:
- Supports effective implementation of project activities as per annual work plans;
- Contributes to the identification of investment opportunities and proposes interventions for GIP design;
- Contributes to assessment of needs and demands for technical assistance and capacity building of partner institutions and other stakeholders;
- Contributes to the development of implementation and procurement plans, as well as other relevant documents related to project activities;
- Preparation of terms of reference for the selection of service providers.
Managing compliance review under the GIP:
- In close coordination with the GIP Manager, the Agriculture Policy Coordinator and the Monitoring and Information Management Officer, designs compliance, monitoring and reporting guidelines for GIP implementation for beneficiaries and the Project Team;
- Manages compliance review of GIP related activities;
- Works closely with the GIP Manager, the Agriculture Policy Coordinator and the Monitoring and Information Management Officer and the Project Manager to ensure compliance with all policies, rules and regulations as well as standards necessary for GIP implementation;
- Supports development of tools and templates for monitoring and reporting to be used by beneficiaries and GIP Field Monitoring and Control Associates;
- Organizes regular field monitoring visits to GIP beneficiaries in line with project plans;
- Provides regular compliance reports on the GIP implementation to the Project Manager, including procedures and responses on compliance cases, bottlenecks in administrative procedures and contract signing, identified risks and issues, as well as mitigation measures;
- Coordinates with other relevant initiatives providing direct support to agri-food operators to ensure exchange of information and avoid overlaps;
- Together with the GIP Manager, coordinates the work of Field Monitoring and Control Associates.
Providing advice and capacity development support for GIP implementation:
- Conceptualizes, organizes and delivers GIP compliance related information sessions and capacity building events, including preparation of training and outreach materials explaining the compliance review process both to beneficiaries and the Project Team;
- Provides inputs in the design and provision of technical assistance and capacity development support related to the GIP;
- Drafts analytical reports on lessons learned, based on project experiences and monitoring of progress, also reflecting on gender equality considerations, vulnerable groups, etc.;
- Based on lessons learned, proposes more efficient and innovative solutions to new project initiatives;
- Proposes actions and tools to enhance monitoring and mitigate implementation risks.
Mainstreaming gender equality and ensuring knowledge management:
- Ensures gender mainstreaming throughout the GIP compliance and monitoring related activities, including the identification of specific monitoring indicators, research and analysis;
- Supports continuous learning by the Project Team and contributes to the UNDP in-house thematic knowledge and practitioners’ networks
Core Behavioral Competencies (Level 2)
- Demonstrates focus on achieving quality results and impact;
- Consistently strives to meet or exceed excellent standards;
- Holds self and others accountable for results;
- Efficiently establishes appropriate plans and resources for self and others to accomplish goals;
- Looks beyond conventional approaches and established methods;
- Proposes new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems;
- Seeks patterns and clarity outside, across and beyond boxes and categories, resists false certainty and simplistic binary choices;
- Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development, professionally and personally;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in one’s professional area;
- Proactively seeks feedback, demonstrates a desire to learn from others as well as from experience, both positive and negative;
- Contributes to the learning of others;
Adapt with Agility:
- Is flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working;
- Seamlessly adapts to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways;
- Participates in, support, contribute to or drive meaningful change in UNDP;
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and effectively managing multiple demands;
Act with Determination:
- Pursues everything with motivation and drive;
- Does not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrates resilience and composure;
- Demonstrates courage, self-motivation and initiative to act on opportunities without being prompted by others;
- Is authentic and modest, gets things done without unnecessary noise;
Engage and Partner:
- Acts in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others;
- Demonstrates and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results;
- Establishes and develops networks that deliver powerful collaborations;
- Encourages and respects the views of others; accepts views and ideas other than one’s own;
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- Treats all individuals with respect, considers ethical implications and responds sensitively to all differences among people;
- Fully accepts and values all people, creating an inclusive environment;
- Understands that inclusion is multi-faceted (e.g. race, gender, age, disability, culture, etc.);
- Understands and appreciates issues from the perspective of others;
- Treats everyone fairly and equally;
- Demonstrates honesty and transparency.
Cross-functional Competencies (Level 2)
- Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends;
Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources;
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience;
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Working with Evidence and Data:
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making.
Technical Competencies (Level 2)
- Internal auditing standards, practices and techniques;
- Critical creative and foresight applied to audit and investigation;
- Fraud awareness and investigation techniques;
- Evidence handling procedures;
- Collection and analysis of evidence;
- Data analysis;
- Ethics Advice & Guidance;
- UN policy knowledge – ethics;
- Knowledge of applicable legal framework;
- Managing client relations;
- Insurance management;
- Ability to scan and analyse the trends, provide early warning and projections;
- Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding.
Desired additional skills and competencies
Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft Office applications) and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource.
Fluency in English and one of the official languages of BIH (Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian), with excellent drafting and presentation skills.
- Advanced university degree in development studies, economics, agronomy, engineering or other related areas;
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional two years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of Masters Degree
- Two years (with BA) of relevant experience in the field of economic development, with focus on rural development;
- Experience in administrative and financial monitoring of grants or similar (i.e. grants, direct support etc.);
- Experience in development of compliance and monitoring tools and preparation of complex reports;
- Experience in monitoring of grants in the agri-food sector and/or rural development is a distinct asset;
- Good understanding and reading of financial reports;
- Previous experience in working with UNDP is an asset;
- Familiarity with key public documents, strategies and trends related to the overall development agenda of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and overall guidance of the Sector Leader.
1 year with possibility of extension
Occasional travel to relevant stakeholders is foreseen under the scope of work.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- Motivation letter
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 22.12.2021.
Trajanje oglasa: 14 dana (ističe 05.01.2022.)