Purpose of the Engagement of the Preschool Expert
The Preschool Expert shall provide technical support for the development and introduction of various modules for the education of current and future preschool teachers. The modules shall contain theoretical and practical parts with a focus on “Learning through Play” and the importance of “Play” for children aged 4 to 6 years. The modules will be developed in cooperation with professors from the Pedagogic Faculty, University of Sarajevo, and the Islamic Pedagogic Faculty, Zenica, within CaCH’s PEACH project. Duration of the assignment: February 2020 – May 2021
Main tasks of the Preschool Expert
– The Preschool Expert will lead the working group with professors from two pedagogic faculties. Together they will produce a set of modules which will cover ECEC focusing on the “Learning through Play” methodology. Each module will cover a theoretical part accompanied with practical examples that will be applicable for the education of children aged 4 to 6 years in preschools in B&H. Page 2 of 2
– The Consultant will use the existing material in the field of ECEC that CaCH already possesses and will do research on new materials in the same field, offering ideas for new approaches that would be in compliance with the already existing curricular reform in Canton Sarajevo.
– The Preschool Expert will deliver a training for Master Trainers based on the developed training modules (theoretical part with a focus on the practical examples) in the field of ECEC.
– The Preschool Expert will be responsible for the delivery and will ensure the quality of all training materials and resources developed for the implementation of the developed modules in kindergarten.
– The Preschool Expert will offer a short work report with recommendations on how to improve the existing curriculum for ECEC in kindergarten and faculties.
Deadline for the submission is 13 January 2020.