Deadline: 26 July 2019
Open to: candidates with at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management
Benefits: initial contract for one year
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the Programme Management Specialist is responsible for managing the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes for the CO, including providing technical support to the implementation of the Country Office programme, managing the monitoring and reporting for the Country Office, overseeing and guiding people and budget management for the programme team, building partnerships and providing support in developing resource mobilization strategies, and managing knowledge building efforts.
The position will be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/program management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, including program design, program coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in working in a gender-related area is an asset;
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in program development and program writing;
- Experience in leading teams effectively is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required;
- Working knowledge of French or Portuguese is an asset.
An initial contract for one year.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.