The “Live it Lisbon! Summer Volunteer Programme” is a non-profit& low cost summer experience, which aims at promoting intercultural dialogue and social justice. It is meant to be a responsible and meaningful alternative to mainstream tourism, as over half of the time of the programme is spent on intercultural activities and on giving back to the socially & economically challenged host community of Bairro Padre Cruz in Lisbon, Portugal. The programme has been run since 2015 by an independent, grass-roots NGO, the Spin Association for the Exchange, Training and Cooperation among Peoples.
There are three sessions of the program planned for 2021: 17-27 July, 21-31 August and 4-11 September.
This summer volunteer programme is open to everybody aged 18 years and up.
- Helping disadvantaged communities in the city;
- Practicing a more sustainable way of tourism;
- Benefiting from Portuguese language classes;
- Learning more about Portuguese culture and the amazing city of Lisbon;
- Participating in international cooking workshops, which will allow you to learn recipes from other countries;
- Getting to know people from different countries and practicing foreign languages;
- Having fun with the other participants;
- Receiving a participation certificate stating the number of hours spent on volunteering, Portuguese and other activities.
The fee for participating the programmeis 275-325€ and covers the following:
- Food & drink supplied by Live it Lisbon!
- Activities coordinated by Live it Lisbon!
- Days out coordinated by Live it Lisbon!
- Language classes supplied by Live it Lisbon!
- Cooking workshops supplied by Live it Lisbon!
- Travel costs within the programme (activities, to work sites, supplied days out)
- Administrative costs
- Completion certificate
How to apply?
For more information on how to apply please visit the official website.