Deadline: 11 August 2019
Open to: a candidate with at least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level, or other relevant programs
Benefits: contract for the period of 12 months
The UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe, located in Venice (Italy) and Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), is the only UNESCO field office in the region with a specific mandate on program development and implementation. The Bureau facilitates the advancement of the overall UNESCO program through specialized as well as interdisciplinary actions in the field of culture and natural sciences, to foster sustainable development, dialogue, reconciliation, and cooperation, with special focus on South-East Europe and the Mediterranean basin.
The UN-designated state of alert for Bosnia and Herzegovina is Security Level 1 which is minimal and lowest security level in the Security Level System for the entire country, including the capital of Sarajevo. The situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is generally quiet; all international agencies consider threats to their staff to be low at this time. However, BiH has the same problems as much of Europe, from pickpockets to traffic accidents, so please make sure you exercise appropriate personal security awareness and common sense.
The position is in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in the field of social and/or human sciences or in related areas;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level, or other relevant programs;
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;
- English (Mandatory), Level – Fluent;
- And One of these – Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian (Mandatory) , Level – Fluent.
The contract lasts for the period of 12 months with the possibility of extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment.
How to apply?
For more information, please see visit the official web page.