- If you want to hone your facilitating skills,
- If you are at ease with working in an international context,
- If supporting others’ professional development gives you a sense of achievement,
Then this may just be the course for you!
Facilitator in volunteering activities is an online course developed for youth workers who would like to embrace the role of a facilitator, especially when working with groups of local, national and international volunteers.
Do you want to know more? Here is some relevant information.
The course is open for participants from Programme and Partner countries of E+.
Objectives of the course – key elements
During this course we will support your acquisition of the following skills:
- Gain knowledge about volunteering projects;
- Identify skills and competences needed for a facilitator;
- Understand essential aspects of facilitation;
- Acknowledge the learning opportunities offered by volunteering activities;
- Gain knowledge on time, stress, conflict and crisis management;
- Identify and apply criteria to recruit volunteers;
- Understand advantages of procedures in volunteering projects implementation;
- Get familiar with specific and transversal competences expected from a facilitator;
We will cover some basic information on the following topics: differences between a facilitator and a mentor or a teacher, highlights in the history of facilitation, a facilitator’s range of competences, time and stress management, conflict and crisis management, recruitment of volunteers, timeline of facilitating, self-assessment.
You will be able to connect with people from different countries and learn at your own pace.
Do you like reading? We provide you with e-books for every chapter. Do you learn better when someone guides you through the new material? Watch our audio-video presentations! Are you a visual learner? Use our mind maps to remember important information! Do you want to apply new knowledge? Solve the missions, take the quizzes and play the game! Do you want to further explore the topics? Consult the supplementary resources!
You will need between 25 to 30 hours to complete the course, depending on your study pace. You can choose your own study period within the general course period proposed: March 2020.
Our course is free of charge for the participants, thanks to the funds from Erasmus+ programme and the efforts made by the team of the project.
When you have fulfilled the basic requirements, you will get a course attendance certificate.
Currently, the course is available in English. It will soon be available in Romanian, Italian and Spanish, as well.
Levels:Basic – Intermediate
After the course:
- you can enrol in the Advanced Module of the course, interact with other participants in an international context and further develop your competences as a Facilitator;
- you can join the non-formal network – community of practice for Facilitators in volunteering activities;
This course is provided through the E+ project “Online training courses for E+ Youth Workers”, funded with support from the European Commission. More about the project and the other online modules developed in the project can be found at http://thecourses.eu/.
- PREDICT CSD CONSULTING – ROMANIA;
- ASOCIACION MUNDUS – SPAIN;
- V2020 – UNITED KINGDOM;
- CESIE – ITALY;
- MILLENIUM CENTER – ROMANIA.
Do you need help?
You can call us at 0040722977094 or write to [email protected]
Are you ready for enrolment?
You can APPLY by creating the user account here: http://thecourses.eu/login/index.php.
Please check your SPAM folder as well, sometimes you can find there some messages from our side.