Deadline: 22 May 2019
Open to: applicants enrolled in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree with no more than three years of professional work experience
Benefits: unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious ”Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honors young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognized for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or Ph.D. programme or a degree (master’s/Ph.D.) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional worldwide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions. The first part of the prize consists of an invitation to a two-week Science Forum in Germany, where you will be introduced to renowned research facilities and have individual meetings with experts (individual appointments). Here you will learn about potential collaborations and experience the country’s excellent research infrastructure at close hand. In addition, a workshop on research and funding opportunities will provide you with further information for your future research stay in Germany. The journey will culminate within a festive award ceremony hosted by a high-level representative from the BMBF.
You will have the opportunity to return to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Science Forum. Learn more about how the Green Talents story continues for the awardees when they return to Germany for their research stays.
The Science Forum and the extended research stay will be fully-financed by the BMBF.
How to apply?
Applications can only be submitted via an online tool.
For more information, please visit the official web page