Fellowship Program Overview
- Program dates: August 31 – October 1, 2020
- Program duration: Four weeks in the U.S. (expect pre-trip and post-trip preparation and virtual meetings)
- Program locations: Buffalo and New York City, both in New York State
- Cohort size: Ten fellows (objective will be to have a gender-balanced cohort)
- Program type: Full time commitment and weekend activities (during the time in the U.S.)
- Expenses: All program-related expenses in the U.S. including airfare are covered (please see below for more details)
The BOLD Fellowship is an intensive academic and practical program that aims to provide a group of young students and recent graduates from Bosnia and Herzegovina with in-depth training on entrepreneurship and leadership through a combination of classroom and experiential learning in New York State.
The Program will provide Fellows with an overview of entrepreneurial approaches by reviewing the development, history, challenges, and successes of entrepreneurial enterprises, including social enterprises, business leadership and women’s economic empowerment, in the U.S., globally, and in BiH. Areas of interest will include, but are not limited to, trade, investment, financial literacy, banking, micro-finance, organizational development and management, innovation, emerging markets and risk analysis, strategic business planning, corporate social responsibility, and minorities in entrepreneurship.
Instruction will be done through a combination of classroom learning, site visits, workshops, and field trips designed to:
- Build awareness of the components of an entrepreneurial eco-system resulting in a map of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Generate self-reflection and understanding of leadership styles and risk-taking
- Provide insight and tools so that each Fellow will develop their own ideas in the form of a business plan, pitch, and an implementation action plan.
When is the Application Deadline?
Complete the application by January 31, 2020.
How Are Fellows Selected?
- The review committee will identify potential candidates and follow up for an in-person interview mid-February.
- Final candidates will be informed of their selection mid-March.
- The application process will ensure Fellows are selected based on a comprehensive and balanced assessment.
For more and detailed information click here:https://network2020.org/bold-fellowship-program-for-bosnia-and-herzegovina-young-leaders/