Company: Bending Spoons
Commitment & Contract: 6 months or internship contract, full-time or part-time.
Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
Compensation & Benefits
Generous, top of market, and matching your skills and potential. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are paid-for, when you work from the office. You’ll receive the latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-cancelling Bose headset, as well as any software you might need to perform at your best.
With tens of millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of daily downloads, we’re Europe’s leading iOS app developer. Now we’re setting our sights on taking the Play Store by storm. With a new frontier to conquer, we’re ready to open internship opportunities for an Android developer eager to join our Android team to learn how to migrate our super polished app portfolio.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Migrate our portfolio of world-renowned iOS apps to the most recent native Android version, making them available to a whole new user base.
- Contribute to the product development of the apps you’ll work on. We’re all about taking a proactive role and ownership of your work.
- Work closely with our Android engineers on software architecture of entire apps or new features—and then develop them. The work spans a broad range, from engineering and coding features, to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that WOW factor to put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Learn about new technologies (particularly on Android), and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities.
What We Offer
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn from some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Own products. We don’t work for clients—we only develop our own apps. Freed from client-provider politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- Fun, young environment. We’re 28 years old on average and often hang out together, so you can bet on making new friends!
- Top-notch office. Our HQ is amazing! We designed it ourselves and it goes beyond excellent functionality by offering all sorts of amenities, such as foosball tables, gaming consoles—and lots of free food!
- International reach. Our audience is truly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global force and your work will have worldwide exposure.
What We Look For
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software for mobile development. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing native Android apps.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing ideas of your own accord. You seek—you don’t just wait to be told what to do.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficiency in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.
Find more information here.