24-26 March 2020 | Bucharest, Romania
The event to put together resources and good practice from all over Europe in order to get inspiration for good quality mentoring.
Meaningful learning experiences
Mentoring is one of the key processes that makes a difference among volunteering projects in European Solidarity Corps or European Voluntary Service and other types of youth projects. In the last 30 years a vast experience has been accumulated in supporting volunteers. It is the time to harvest it and find inspiration for the next step.
Anybody with relevant experience when it comes to mentorship such as:
• experienced mentors;
• volunteers that had a relevant experience due to mentoring process;
• trainers involved in training courses addressing mentoring;
• representatives from organisations that have a big number of volunteers and that works a lot with mentors;
• persons involved in strategic partnerships projects addressing mentoring;
• representatives from NAs that developed programs on mentoring.
Important notice: experience in mentoring is the most important criteria in selecting the participants!
The event will focus on three main objectives:
• Explore the current needs regarding mentoring process in project supported by European Solidarity Corps programme
• Explore the resources available for assuring a qualitative mentoring process
• Mind the gap between what is needed, and it is already there – plan future actions / programs / initiatives that will support a qualitative mentoring process
The international event “Mentoring under construction” has as main aim to explore and harvest the existing resources for supporting a qualitative mentoring process.
During the past years, different NAs developed different understandings and tool to assure a qualitative mentoring process. In the European Solidarity Corps program, mentoring should be provided to all participants in volunteering activities and in jobs and traineeships projects.
This event will gather different expertise that exist in the network of the NAs in relation with mentoring and training of mentors, to discuss about different approaches and tools used to assure quality in mentoring process and to generate future activities in partnership that will support the process of mentoring in the European Solidarity Corps programme.
This transnational three-day seminar will gather know-how in addressing mentorship process. The event wants to be a first one that puts persons with experience in the same place and will offer the frame for new initiatives to be created.
The participants will have the space to share their needs for mentoring processes, to share their experience and to create new initiatives.
The methodology of the seminar will be based on the Art of Hosting in order to collect as much input as possible and to share it among the participants during de event but also to other interested parties, after the event.
The activities will be organized around the following topics:
• Sharing good practices, tools and methods used in mentoring
• Understanding how the roles of the mentors are put in practice in real project situations
• Developing a plan of action for future activities in order to improve the quality of mentoring.
WHEN and WHERE?
24-26.03.2020 (three full working days). Travelling days 23rd and 27th of March.
Application deadline: February 10
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/8449
This Seminar is for 30 participants from Eastern Partnership countries , Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Southern Mediterranean countries , Western Balkan countries and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth project managers, Volunteering mentors, see the target group description
Accessibility info: This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Working language(s): English
European Solidarity Corps Resource Center in cooperation with the Romanian National Agency for European Solidarity Corps (National Agency)
The event is co-organized by the European Solidarity Corps Resource Center, Romanian National Agency and Hungarian National Agency.
The event is hosted by the Romanian National Agency
European Solidarity Corps Resource Center (SALTO Resource Centre)
Hungarian National Agency for European Solidarity Corps (National Agency)
Contact for questions: Andrei Popescu
E-Mail: [email protected]
No participation fee is required!
Accommodation and food
Cost for accomodation, food and local logistics will be covered by the Romanian National Agency through the European Solidarity Corps budget.
Participants from the Program Countries: – to be covered by the sending National Agency
Participants from the Partner Countries: – to be covered by the Romanian National Agency through reimbursement after the event.