22-29 March 2020 | Leeuwarden, Netherlands
Training Course on Prevention of Gender Inequalities and Gender-based Discriminations via Exploring Masculinities.
This training course aims to develop the competences of 27 youth workers and youth leaders in the field of prevention of gender inequalities and gender based discrimination affecting young people by analyzing local realities, exchanging practices and developing actions aimed at promotion of society inclusive for all genders.
* To develop participants’ understanding of terms crucial for addressing gender inequalities such as: gender, human rights, peace, peace education, emotional literacy, masculinity and femininity, gender roles, practices of consent, emotional labor, workplace discrimination, intervention against gender-based discrimination;
* To map harmful behaviors and causes of gender inequalities (based on the root-causes method) and how they affect young people;
* To develop competences in addressing gender inequalities by exploring perspectives of human rights, peacebuilding and democratic participation, including the legal framework of gender equality protection;
* To explore and practice tools to address gender inequalities, such as emotional literacy, non violent communication, non violent activism, gender mainstreaming, alternative behaviours, and deconstruction of gender roles as well as the principle of inclusivity;
* To gain skills to build ongoing relationships with peer accountability by providing supportive place to reflect upon, process and express emotions;
* To develop a respect for multiple identities and experiences of masculinity and femininity;
* To enhance international cooperation of participants and their organisation in the area of gender equality, by planning at least 10 local or cross-border actions focussing on deconstructing toxic masculinity, gender roles and gender based discrimination and violence;
* To strengthen sustainability of the network of young peacebuilders who will bring awareness for the citizens and policy-makers in the EU and neighbouring countries on the existing gender inequalities and ways to address them.
Application deadline: January 22
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/8483
This Training Course is for 27 participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, KOSOVO * UN RESOLUTION, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders
Working language(s): English
Organiser: Friesland College (Others)
Friesland College is a regional Training Centre (ROC) for secondary vocational education (VET) and Adult Education (AE).
Co-organiser(s): Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (Others)
Contact for questions: Oguzhan Urhan
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +49 (176) 951 48 761
The participants will not be charged a participation fee.
Accommodation and food
The organizers of this offer will organize the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
+ The Netherlands = 20,- €
+ Portugal, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Kosovo * UN Resolution, Bosnia and Herzegovina = 275,- €
+ Turkey, Ukraine = 360,- €
VISA: An invitation letter will be provided by the organizers, If a visa is required to get into the Schengen area.
P.s. The European Commission and the organizers only refund the cheapest trip options. Please contact the organizer team for further questions.