Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated Finance Assistant who will have the responsibility to ensure efficient and effective financial operation of DRC Bosnia office. She/he will ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer.
About the organization
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been working in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and closed its office in the country in 2010. In July 2018, DRC re-opened its mission responding to the increasing and priority needs of Person of Concern (PoCs), in close cooperation with the BiH Authorities. More specifically DRC BiH focuses on enhancing the overall protective environment for PoCs with particular focus on case management in SGBV and timely outreach response to human rights violations. DRC has a main office in Sarajevo and activities implemented in Una-Sana, Herzegovina-Neretva, Tuzla and Sarajevo Cantons, where there is the main focus of humanitarian action.
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Period of engagement: April 2020 – June 2020
Basic functions: The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective financial operation of DRC Bosnia office. She/he will ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer. He/she is also responsible for providing support to the Finance Officer in recording and retrieving financial details of the organization including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling.
Reference: The Finance Assistant refers directly to the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer and works in close cooperation with them.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to DRC Operations handbook;
- Assist with preparation of budgets;
- Confirm that full accountabilities (documentations) are obtained for all expenditures and validity of claims all financial claims;
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the financial system on a daily basis;
- Process approved payments of supplier/service provider invoices on the basis of complete documentation;
- Prepare schedules for all taxes withheld or paid on a monthly basis where relevant and submitted to the relevant authorities;
- Supporting Head of Support Services and Finance Officer to adequately prepare for both internal and external audits;
- Scanning of vouchers and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor requirements and/or DRC Operational Handbook;
- Prepare Payment Vouchers and review Order Requests in accordance with the approved authority Matrix and running budgets;
- Reconcile the accounts payables;
- Accurately prepare the necessary documents, compile source documents and daily postings of all the paid transactions in the financial system;
- Reconcile the accounts receivables/advances and issue receipts for all the funds received
Qualifications & experience required
- Background in Economics / Accounting / Finance or other relevant field;
- At least 1 years’ in finance within a non-governmental organization (NGO);
- Experience of analyzing financial information;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in one of the local languages spoken in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Strong command of written English and ability to speak clearly to various audiences;
- Computer literacy; including the high capacity to use excel.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language
- Full proficiency/command of the Bosnian language
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Strong planning, problem-solving, analytical and writing skills, with the ability to use planning tools appropriately, and produce well-written documents for internal and external use
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows Suite, MS (Word, Excel in particular) etc.)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Applications for this position should be sent via LINK.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Trajanje oglasa: ističe 27.03.2020.