Creative Mentorship and its partners are supported by RYCO within the second Open Call for Project Proposals co-financed by the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Youth Cultural Cooperation program is organized within the project ”Transforming the Region One Conversation at A Time – Inspiring Youth Cultural Cooperation” supported through the second RYCO Open Call for Project Proposals, co-financed by the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund and organized in cooperation of “Creative Mentorship” from Serbia, OKC “Abrašević” from Bosnia and Herzegovina and “Rruga me Pisha” from Albania. This project is focused on overcoming the lack of contact, dialogue, exchange and cooperation between young cultural and media workers in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia, and making a base for the future cultural network of youth who are socially and politically aware, educated and open minded. In that matter, we are looking for 30 young people (20-30 years old) 10 from each – Serbia, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, who are active in the field of culture, media or arts. Selected participants engaged in the project will have a chance to learn from each other and from mentors by working on pilot initiatives during the period of 6 months (February – July 2020.). During this period, they will have the support of their mentors – artists and cultural professionals experienced in promoting and establishing regional cultural cooperation, reconciliation in the region or anti-war activities through culture, to cooperate within international tailor-made teams and designing pilot initiatives. The goal is that through this mentoring and peer exchange processes, participants become familiar with relevant past initiatives, get inspired, informed and encouraged to become more engaged in youth civic activism through culture, with the aim of overcoming prejudices and stereotypes about „the other“ in the region and to contribute to building future regional cultural network of young, socially aware and responsible professionals.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
We encourage you to apply if you are:
- 20 to 30 years old
- Living in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina or Albania
- Active in the field of culture, arts or and media*
- As an individual want to participate in the activities that tackle regional issues and want to work on networking and fostering cultural cooperation in the region of Western Balkans.
- Have good command of English, since it will be official language of the project activities.
*Participants don’t need to have professional expirience or education in culture, arts or media and similar, but it is important to be in some way familliar and active in it. They also don’t need to have previous experience in regional cooperation initiatives but it is important that thay want to learn more and work on fostering cultural cooperation and mutual understanding in the region of Western Balkans.
Young people with disabilities, living in small or remote communities, with lack of financial possibilities, and those who did not have many mobility opportunities are strongly encouraged to apply.
During the selection process, we will take into account equal participation of male and female participants.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
30 participants, 10 from each – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia will be selected to participate in this project. Participants will be divided into teams of three, one participant from Albania, one from Bosnia and Herzegovina and one from Serbia. These international tailor-made teams will be supported in designing pilot initiatives by mentors and project infrastructure.
This way, they will be also working on pilot projects of regional cultural cooperation as they will produce the concrete results of work of regional teams (art work, media, texts, photography, theatre plays etc.), developed in cooperation with mentors. Participants will all meet at three seminars that will be organized in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and between these events, they will cooperate with each other and with their mentors by Skype meetings and via Facebook group.
We will organize three main events – seminars in:
- Belgrade – 28. February – 02. March
- Tirana: 24 – 26. of April
- Mostar: 10 – 12. of July.
The first seminar in Belgrade (Kick off) is important for participants to get to know each other, form teams of three and discuss about their future project as well as to be connected with their mentors and learn more about history of regional cooperation in the region of Western Balkans. The second seminar in Tirana will be a chance for participants to present their team projects and the way they developed it, in order to get a feedback from other participants and mentors; And the seminar in Mostar will be the moment of presentation of all the results of the projects of all teams.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
– All travel costs, food and accommodation expenses during project events covered (participants will travel to all three seminars in groups, by bus).
– Participation in 3 group meetings, in Serbia, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, that include workshops with experienced trainers, visiting cultural spaces that have an important role in regional cooperation initiatives or projects, and peer-to-peer learning sessions (participation in all three seminars is obligatory for all participants)
– Support of mentors and expert-facilitated mentoring of collaboration projects from inception to completion (via Skype and e-mail during the period March – July) and relevant literature.
– 2 group meetings of 10 participants on the national level
WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS?
- To be able to participate in all three seminars (Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- To work with their teams on the projects and cooperate with team through Facebook Group
- To plan Skype meetings with the team
- To send necessary materials to the mentor for meetings
- To be dedicated and motivated to learn
- To be active in networking and peer learning process
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply by sending an e-mail with short biography or CV and cover letter in which you will explain to us what is your motivation to participate to an e-mail.
If you are applying from:
- Serbia, send the email to: [email protected], [email protected]
- Bosnia, send the email to: [email protected]
- Albania, send the email to: [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail.
Further information can be found here.