Within the project “MIL policies are our policies”, The Center for Development of Youth Activism (CROA) is inviting young journalists and students of journalism, finishing their university, to apply to become a part of a regional Youth Newsroom.
The Youth Newsroom will feature young journalists between 20 and 33 years old from the Western Balkans and Turkey. It will serve as a platform for young, aspiring journalists with fresh perspectives and it will provide an opportunity for training, networking, mentoring, and overall professional growth.
Who can apply?
– be between 20 and 33 years old;
– come from Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro, Turkey, and Kosovo* (under Rezolution1244);
– possess strong English language skills, both oral and written;
– have a demonstrated interest in journalism and media matters through
the academic background.
– current employment in national or international media (newspaper, magazine, news agency, TV, radio, or news portal).
– freelance media enthusiasts with an active and regularly updated Social Media account, blog platform;
– significant experience in creating multimedia content and a deep understanding of what makes a good online story.
For interested candidates already working in journalism, a wide array of media is included: traditional media, but also radio, video, photography, press cartooning and other creative outlets.
What is expected from candidates?
The participants of the Youth Newsroom will participate in trainings and will have to produce journalistic pieces through the project. The project will accommodate the time availability of the participant and the workload will not compromise the participant’s commitments with university or work, but their responsiveness and responsibility are required.
What will you get?
The participants of the Youth Newsroom will have an opportunity to receive practical and theoretic journalistic experience. Furthermore, they will be able to network with high-level media professionals in the region and internationally and other young journalists from the region.
The journalists will receive mentoring and guidance throughout the project.
The selection process:
Selection will be based on the professional qualifications, relevant experience such as demonstrated interest in journalism, freedom of expression, MIL, addressing disinformation and level of input in promotion of application call for participants before the event.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits for young journalist
• Networking with young journalists accross the region (and the world)
• Cross-production of stories
• Participation in high-level conferences and events
Send your application- CV till December 30h 2020 on mail address:
We want to emphasize that young journalists will not be paid, but the
benefits they will gain are more than useful.
This project is designed within the EU-funded project implemented by
UNESCO “Building Trust in Media in South East Europe and Turkey-Phase