Project Harmony, Inc. (PH international) is an U.S. registered not-for-profit organization established in 1985 in Waitsfield, Vermont. PH International conducts innovative programs for youth, professionals and communities around the world that uses in-person and online engagement, practical skills development and coalition building to support global collaboration, learning and advancement. PH International opened an office in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in 2017.
PH International is now accepting applications for an Accountant to work in the BiH office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervisory control of bank and cash accounts.
- Monitor and control the timely payment and reconciliation of account reports.
- Transfer of payroll in accordance with signed contracts, paid service agreements and other relevant social funds. Calculation of personnel salaries, taxes and other compulsory payments from salaries and implemented works and provided service agreements, and on time payment as determined by law.
- Resolve issues connected with the activities of the branch office including taxation and operations reports.
- Maintain human resource and employee management records.
- Advise supervisors on matters of taxation and legalities in BiH.
- Responsible for Financial Monthly reports to the US Headquarters office including VO financial systems management.
- Track records of cash, inventory, fixed assets and prompt accounting of accounts.
- Demographic control of accounting records.
- Control over tax, social security and financial reports defined by BiH Legislation.
- Financial planning, management and oversight of administrative expenses.
- Serve as primary contact for tax and justice authorities.
- Oversee adherence of all program contracts (staff, partners, vendors, etc.).
- Create all BiH per diem and travel orders, including review and processing of US required per diem and travel records.
- Comply with all policies and protocols established by PH as explained in the on-line Human Resources and Operations Manual.
- Provide information and reporting as requested and required by the assigned Liquidation Administrator.
- Maintain data storage systems of all financial documentation (includes scanning and making copies for the US accounting system).
- Facilitate and control audit services required by BiH laws, donor organizations and according to regulations followed by PH International (includes arranging dates, negotiating budgets and period of performance).
- Monitor program budgets of the BiH office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Country Director.
- University degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Good English language writing and speaking skills.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, MS Office Programs; Excel, internet, etc.
Timing and Duration:
This is a full-time position based in Sarajevo and will potentially last from January 1 through the end of November 2022, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to: [email protected] no later than November 17, 2021. Subject line should read: Application.
PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer, and provides its staff opportunities for job growth, innovation, and creativity.