About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
About the role:
PIN is looking for an experienced Project Manager (PM) for a potential 2,5 year long project contributing to waste reduction in the Sarajevo Canton by improving solid waste management, and by contributing to the development of reasonable, transparent and accountable relevant institutions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of all project outputs and activities in BiH, will also provide effective communication and coordination between project partners and target groups. S/he will prepare regular project meetings and provide regular reports on the progress of project implementation. The PM is expected to manage the successful implementation of this strategic project, takes overall responsibility for all aspects of project cycle management, including identification of needs, planning and formulation of the project, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and ensuring project feedback loops are in place and lead to adaptations to improve programming in real time.
With support and guidance from Senior Management Team, and HQ teams, the PM will be responsible for leading partners and overseeing their performance. In addition, s/he manages risks arising from the project implementation and communicates and report to the donor.
The PM sets an example to others through adhering to, and actively promoting PIN’s Code of Conduct and Core Policies (including Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Whistleblowing policies) with all the personnel working under his/her supervision.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of overall implementation of activities that will contribute to waste reduction, and creation of effective coordination of relevant operators and institutions
- Oversight of activities leading to increase of skills and capacities of operators
- Coordination with all relevant stakeholders at national and municipal level
- Coordination of regular project meetings and preparation of regular reports on the progress of project implementation
- Oversight of implementation of the project aiming at achieving the results and indicators and fulfilling the contractual obligations
- Oversight of MEAL and data collection in line with PIN’s requirements in close cooperation with the local MEAL Coordinator and Regional Programme Quality Adviser (Prague)
- Responsibility for the projects’ progress, spending plans, budget monitoring and reporting
- Compliance with sectorial guidelines and internal procedures
- Representing PIN and partners towards donor and other important stakeholders
- Working in the team, ensure the full implementation according to PIN and the partners’ standards and the national staff policy
- Ensuring the overall capacity building of the team and partners
- Coordination with PIN’s Western Balkans operations team to identify, ensure proper archiving of all required documentation in the Data Management System
- University education, ideally in the field of management of sustainable management of natural resources or similar field
- Successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical oversight for donor-funded projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and procurement plans.
- A strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations and donors.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, theoretical also practical knowledge of the project management cycle
- Practical experience with waste management
- Perfect communication and facilitation skills
- Previous experience working with INGO in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or the Western Balkans
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, tolerance and acceptance of diversity
- Empathy with the organisation’s values and its approach
- Full Computer Literacy, advanced in MS Office tools
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
People in Need offers
- Working environment in a well-established and growing international organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and local Labour Law
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure for project purposes
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter in English till Friday, 25th of June 2021 via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.