Position: Project Assistant / full-time
Starting date: ASAP, 12 months with possibility of extension (including 3 months probation period)
Country Programme: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Line Manager: Project Manager
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
About the role:
In August 2021, PIN launched a new project to improve the use of public space and public discourse in the City of Mostar. PIN will lead a consortium of international and local organizations that includes Everyday Peace Indicators, LDA Mostar, OKC Abrasevic, and Nesto Vise to implement the 36-month long project.
Under the overall oversight of the Project Director and direct supervision by the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will support the Project Director, the Project Manager and other members of the project team in the day-to-day implementation in the frame of this project. He/she will be responsible for assisting with all project-related activities and providing administrative, organizational, logistical, and translation support.
The position will be supervised by the Project Manager based in Mostar.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Director and Project Manager in the overall implementation of the project
- Assist with organizing meetings and events
- Maintain and archive accurate and timely records (activity reports, receipts/invoices, means of verification, etc.) of all activities; collect records from implementing partner organizations
- Provide translation and interpretation support to the Project Director and other team members when needed
- Assist the Project Manager and other members of the project team in monitoring grant schemes and other project activities
- Assist with collecting and analyzing data
- Assist with updating, collecting, and communicating information on project-relevant topics; assist with visibility aspects of the project
- Perform other duties as required
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at a similar level of responsibilities
- University degree in social sciences or another related field desirable
- Experience working for a development and/or humanitarian organization (NGO) will be a strong advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
- Strong coordination, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively address potential issues
- Ability to form and maintain relationships through team work and needed networking
- Knowledge in MS Office software packages (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN BiH Salary Scale and HR policies
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.