Deadline: 24 March 2023
Open to: volunteers with a preferable experience as AFS volunteers of an EFIL Member Organisation, interested in the topics related to the PEACE programme
Benefits: 940 euros allowance, return international travel…
PEACE (Peace through Exchange and Active Citizenship Education) is a secondary school trimester mobility programme for 15-18yo with a focus on active citizenship, taking place twice each year. The exchange includes homestays in host families and provides an immersive experience in another culture. At the end of the 3 months, the programme participants meet their peers from all over Europe at the Europe Camp in Belgium coordinated by EFIL together with a team of AFS volunteers; the Europe Camp takes place in April and late November. Here the participants get to share and reflect on their exchange experience and participate in workshops on active citizenship, European identity, global citizenship education, and on change making, and learn about the opportunities provided by EU policies to support young people in their personal, social and professional development.
The exchange programme is managed by EFIL members – AFS organisations in Europe – and EFIL’s role is to support the quality of the programme by providing educational material on global, European and active citizenship, to be used during participants’ and volunteer trainings at local level.
- Be a member of the preparatory team of the November PEACE Camp 2023, in the role of participants coordinator;
- Be a member of the team of the April PEACE Camp 2023;
- Support the EFIL Staff in exploring the opportunity to develop PEACE as a brand, defining a possible work plan towards this future development;
- Follow the preparations for the two PEACE programme cycles and Camps from the collection of number of participants to the updating of the PEACE Manuals and other educational materials;
- Based on the volunteer’s interest, support the implementation of other EFIL projects from preparation to follow-up (recruitment and communication with participants, administration, reporting, logistics, content development);
- Any other tasks related to the work of EFIL to be identified during the ESC period together with the volunteer.
The volunteer will be under the supervision of Elisa Briga, Secretary General, and of Marie Boutier, Coordinator of the PEACE Programme.
ESC Volunteer Profile
- Experience as AFS volunteer of an EFIL Member Organisation is preferrable;
- Interest in the topics related to the PEACE programme (active citizenship, global citizenship education, ICL, etc.);
- Good command of English language (written and spoken);
- Acquainted with the use of Excel and the management of data;
- Acquainted with designing promotional material;
- Acquainted with the use of online learning platforms, social media and other new online tools;
- Experience as an exchange student will be considered an asset.
The volunteer receives an allowance of 940 euros (covering accommodation, food and pocket money), plus the return international travel at the beginning and end of the programme is covered.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.
Read more: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2023/03/07/european-solidarity-corps-volunteer/#ixzz7w9nUKNS5