Under the direct supervision of the Head of Secretariat, the Chief Program and Communications Officer proposes program and communications policies of the Organization, maintains efficient and effective programme and communications processes, high service levels and continuously seeks to improve resources utilization. The incumbent has senior responsibility for management of the programmatic aspects of the organization, projects operations, partnerships facilitation and internal and external communication policies. The incumbent is a core member of the Secretariat.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Proposes RAI’s Program strategy and standards, and provides general oversight of the Secretariat’s program activities;
– Provides expert and timely advice and recommendations on all programme related matters;
– Facilitates development of Secretariat’s Work Plans, monitors their implementation, and prepares Progress Reports;
– Facilitates development of project proposals and concept papers inclusive of process planning and change management;
– Assists Chief Financial and Operations Officer with formulating project budgets, as well as with receipt of new grants, and compliance with financial reporting procedures;
– Leads internal organisational planning sessions on regular basis;
– Represents the Secretariat in project and funding negotiations and discussions with the donors, partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
– Leads development of policies concerning monitoring, project-related metrics;
– Identifies potential problems and advises mitigation measures and actions;
– Ensures efficient and timely monitoring and reporting for all Secretariat’s projects;
– Ensures compliance with donor and partners reporting rules and procedures.
– Develops fundraising plan, identifying targets to be completed within specific timeframe;
– Ensures a stable revenue flow for the implementation of the Work Plan and programmatic budget of the Secretariat.
– Leads development of internal and external communication policies; Provides expert and timely advice and recommendations on internal and external communications;
– Promotes RAI’s impact on curbing corruption at the regional and national level by ensuring adequate visibility of Secretariat’s achievements and actions.
– Builds, manages and strengthens relationships and partnerships with RAI’s counterparts in member states, other regional and international organisations, donors and civil society by pursuing strategic and policy dialogue.
– Leads development of policies concerning gender mainstreaming and human right approach;
– Ensures compliance of all staff and projects to adopted gender mainstreaming and human rights policies;
– Acts as a Gender Focal point of the Secretariat.
He/she performs all tasks relevant to the position of Project Officer(s), in cases of nonrecruited or absence of project officer(s) at the operational level.
Application deadline: January 12, 2020