Helvetas Moja Buducnost Foundation is looking for a new Team Player!
As Finance Assistant – with focus on Accounting (F/M) 100%
General job description:
Helvetas is a development organization anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
On behalf of the implemented project “Moja Buducnost” (www.mojabuducnost.ba) in Bosnia andHerzegovina (BiH), we are looking for a motivated candidate for the position of Finance Assistant with focuson Accounting.
The project’s goal is to contribute to economic growth and increase youth employment opportunities in BiH.
The project follows the Market System Development (MSD) approach, which seeks to address keybottlenecks that impede development of the private sector in order to catalyze sustainable changes in themarket system.
We are looking for dynamic junior candidate who is ready to go the extra mile, either with some firstexperiences as Assistant in Finances and/or Accounting or University-Graduate with strong motivation totap into the first challenge and gain experiences and learn more! Working primarily in close collaborationwith the Finance Officer, but also with other project staff and partners.
• Support for managing the office and coordination of program administration and logistics
• Provide local support to our Financial Officer in all financial and accounting matters / Ensure the understanding, application and adherence to the institutional procedures
• Take over the responsibility as Cashier and maintain the cash box with all needed documents
• Support team in compilation of program documents and regularly updating and informing key stakeholders on on-going financial activities and procurement procedures
• Support the Finance Officer in administration of timely book keeping and closing of financial accounts; preparation of required financial documents and reports to PM for project steering / to HSI HQ and to the donors
• Organize administration and filing of documents, correspondence, etc.; establish and update address list of important contact persons/organizations/ agencies/partners
• Write and document protocol of meetings upon need and request (team-meetings, meetings with partners etc.)
• Organize travel, logistics, hotel reservations, small events etc. for team/visitors/missions/consultants and support to other staff members and records needed materials as per project rules
• Provide interpretation and translations from Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (BCS) to English and vice versa
• Receive visitors and guests; answer phone calls; send, receive, dispatch and file mail messages and emails
• Support technical staff members in research when needed
• Other tasks upon own interest: Help with topics/research such as market innovations, value chains, systemic approach, knowledge management, etc.
– University degree: BA or MA in social science, economics, finances, accounting or similar
– 1-3 years of working-experiences in an assistant-role with accounting/procurement tasks, in either the private- or NGO-sector is a plus
– Excellent skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
– Ability to pay attention to detail
– Good communication skills
– Excellent Language Skills: BCS & English
– Motivated, solution- & target oriented
– Ability to manage time effectively
– Very good team player who`s is there for us when needed & eager to learn new things
What we offer:
– Work based in Sarajevo-Office
– Working in a challenging environment, but with high ambitions to help the poor
– Training and career development opportunities in an international Organization
– fair working conditions
– The starting date for this position is 01. February 2020
All interested applicants are kindly asked to send their application composed of: Letter of motivation, CV, Diploma and 2 references or contacts for recent job references, by email to [email protected] no later than 10.01.2020. All applications will be treated with high confidentiality. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.