Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Distribution Warehouse Assistant who will facilitate provision of basic humanitarian assistance to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in BiH.
About the organisation
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been working in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and closed its office in the country at the end of January 2010. In July 2018, DRC re-opened its mission responding to increasing and priority needs of Person of Concern (PoCs) in close cooperation with the BiH Authorities. More specifically, DRC BiH focuses on improving the access to primary and secondary health care, including psychosocial and mental health services to PoCs, as well as on enhancing the overall protective environment for PoCs, with particular focus on case management in SGBV and timely outreach response to the rights violations at the borders. DRC has its main office in Sarajevo and the activities implemented in Una-Sana, Herzegovina- Neretva, Sarajevo Canton and from October 2019 activities started in Tuzla Canton.
Position: Distribution Assistant
Project implementation period: open until filled
Duty Station: USC, SC, TC and other places in BiH, as per request – 3 positions
Period of engagement: contingent on donor funding
Basic functions: Distribution Assistant is responsible for providing timely and effective distribution of Food and NFIs for Persons of Concern, being disembarked, stranded or residing outdoors while transiting BiH. He/she is also involved in transportation, stock control, warehoousing and monitoring of commodity flow at the Distribution Points.
Reference: Distribution Assistant refers to the Distribution Warehouse Coordinator, DRC Head of Support Services, Protection Team Leader and Programme Manager working in close coordination with DRC Protection Outreach Teams.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct the Distribution Point maintenance and implement operating procedures including functions related to inventory and stock control procedures, record keeping and reporting of commodities and inventory;
- Ensure that the proper inventory of all components of Distribution Point are follow up and checked regularly within the tracking system including to receive, count and stock items;
- Ensure that stocks utilization and replenishment systems are adequate to facilitate logistics and delivery capacity and program implementation;
- Logistically facilitate various transport/operational/programme activities;
- Provide adequate distribution of Food & NFIs in accurate locations according to a distribution plan;
- Deliver emergency non-food items and energy-saving supplies to the most vulnerable PoCs
- Responsible for the database entry of all stock movement and reporting;
- Work in close coordination with other team members to ensure protection activities are in line with the overall project goal and specific objectives;
- Report on incidents and issues of concern targeting PoCs left exposed and unattended in insecure outdoor areas, ensuring effective data and information management;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & experience required
- High school degree or equivalent;
- Experience on refugee/migration related issues would be an asset
- At least 1 years of experience in working on warehousing, logistics and distribution positions in the INGOs, NGOs or private companies
- Added value would be experience in refugee/displacement programs or in programs targeting local socially vulnerable groups with the focus on warehouse and distribution operations;
- Willingness and availability to spend considerable work time in the field, including night shifts;
- Familiarity with inventory processes, and able to upload data into system;
- Attention to details and monitoring quality of inventory;
- Highly organized and able to store items efficiently;
- Ability to work in an international, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment as a flexible team player, and under emergency conditions;
- Fluency in one of the local languages spoken in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license, high level of professionalism evidence by clear driver’s record;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries.
We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
You can apply HERE.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 28.11.2019.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 28.12.2019. )