ISSUED BY: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
VACANCY NUMBER: VNBAHG00950
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: General Administration
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION: Sarajevo
DATE OF ISSUE: 23 February 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 24 March 2021 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: 1 June 2021
NOTE: This position is subject to buget approval.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the supervision of the Executive Officer to DHoM, should you be selected for the position. you will assist the implementation of Economic and Environmental Dimension activities through various reporting obligations, internal information sharing, events scheduling, monitoring and reporting on relevant developments as well as by providing logistical support. You will work closely with the Executive Officer to DHoM to ensure timely internal and external sharing of relevant information from across the Mission on economic and environmental activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the Programme Assistant, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
- Providing support in monitoring, analyzing and reporting on developments within BiH relating to the OSCE Second Dimension;
- Assisting with the implementation of the Mission’s Economic and Environmental portfolio and activities in support of Aarhus Convention implementation;
- Gathering, compiling and synthesizing relevant information from the Mission’s Field Offices, media and online sources;
- Contributing to drafting inputs to regular internal reports, reports to the Secretariat, memos and briefing files/notes for the files;
- Participating in meetings with local authorities, Aarhus Centres, international organizations and others;
- Maintaining a filing system of the Mission’s economic and environmental activities and projects;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in law, administration science or other relevant area;
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience. Prior experience working to support programmatic activities or in administrative position;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.