ISSUED BYOSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
VACANCY NUMBER VNBAHG00926
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Information Technology and Information Management
GRADEG5NUMBER OF POSTS1DUTY STATION Sarajevo
DATE OF ISSUE 27 May 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 10 June 2020 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 10 July 2020
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will be responsible to provide 1st level service desk support service for the OSCE ERP system (ORACLE/IRMA) with a high level of user satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness to OSCE staff, delegations and participating States and external applicants.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National Information Systems Developer, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Technical Support
- Acting as focal point for all user related issues/SR’s in conjunction with all Oracle ERP system areas, especially in the Oracle Finance/ Material Management, HR Modules, System Administration, Access Control and technical aspects of the Oracle Cloud platform products (Talent Management application, PMP, LMS, etc.), and other ERP related external products;
- Providing first-level support for incidents or service requests by receiving, classifying and prioritizing reported incidents/SRs, problems and their resolution or escalation to 2nd level support or Business Units;
- Responding to requests for assistance from users; searching documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to find most effective solutions; Following up, keeping affected users informed about progress, reporting back with resolution updates or resolved incidents;
- Assisting staff personally by phone or via remote access software with technical and procedural problems related to the use of Oracle ERP system and IT equipment and software; identifying problems and implementing or recommending solutions;
- Assisting and advising staff mission members in using applications; preparing Standard Operating Documents and manuals for the office automation products in use; advising and introducing new staff members in the use of the OSCE standard PC setup related to use of Oracle services;
- Producing regular and ad-hoc reports related to OSCE ERP system (IRMA) 1st Level Service requests;
- Providing training related to OSCE ERP system (IRMA) to various OSCE staff within organization;
- Updating and maintaining the OSCE internal portal based “on-screen-reference”, containing standard forms, administrative circulars and other information to be published to all staff;
2. Configuration, Testing and Upgrades
- Testing new software and hardware products (standard OSCE package); prior to installation to users on a wide basis creating pre-deployment reports for rollout planning; performing workstation testing after deployment at end-user workspace; briefing user on basic operation and handling;
- Working with Oracle support staff on resolution of bugs, implementation of fixes, testing, UNICC for system troubleshooting etc.;
- Working out procedures, maintaining and updating user-related ICT information and working tools, assisting in preparation and updates of OSCE ICT policies, standard operation procedures and frequently asked questions;
- Documenting system installation, configuration procedures, and current configuration;
- Contributing to the new system implementation in the production environment;
- Contributing to the acceptance process for new releases into production;
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
– Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal IT course training;
– Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in ICT, preferably with ERP systems;
– Ability to examine situation, analyse possible causes/reasons, and recommend an action plan;
– Knowledge of systematic methods of solving technical problems and sources of relevant technical data;
– Ability to prioritize possible solutions based on technical criteria;
– Ability to use written and electronic documentation;
– Ability to communicate effectively via printed material and over electronic means of communication;
– Ability to provide technical training;
– Very good knowledge of computer applications and operating systems and to be able to support user requests;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of other OSCE working languages would be an asset.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.