ISSUED BY: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
VACANCY NUMBER: VNBAHG00915
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Procurement
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION: Sarajevo
DATE OF ISSUE: 20 November 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 11 December 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: 10 February 2020
NOTE: This project end date is 31-Dec-2019, with extension requested by 31 August 2020. Fixed-term appointment until 31 August 2020 will be subject to approval of the project extension.
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of General Services, the incumbent will assist the National Procurement Officer in administrative and procurement issues related to implementation of the “Safety and Security Upgrade of BiH Ammunition and Weapons Storage Sites (SAFEUP BiH)” extra-budgetary project, total value of which is 1,440,000 EUR. The incumbent will also provide a variety of administrative and project support services to the Material Resources Section according to predefined work schedule and in accordance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- ln line with delegated authority, providing guidelines to SAFEUP Programmatic staff in preparing their requests;
- Providing general office support and administrative tasks as may be required by National Procurement Officer;
- Advising SAFEUP programmatic staff on necessary administrative steps;
- Informing SAFEUP programmatic staff on status of SAFEUP project related procurement;
- Liaising with OSCE Budget Section on SAFEUP related expenditure reports;
- Researching local market and local companies, collects catalogues, explore availability of goods or services, performing check of potential traders, presenting to National Procurement Officer the availability of goods and services on the market, potential suppliers and the options available for the Project;
- Preparing final Purchase Orders (PO’s) based on approved bids and quotes, submitting the PO for signature giving justification. Sending PO to vendors, collecting invoices, following up on local PO’s with suppliers for timely delivery and compliance with the specifications as per terms of the PO and signals if any discrepancy appears or is foreseen. Checking departure and arrival of goods/services provided to OSCE, maintaining relevant product and suppliers catalogues, monitoring local advertisements and identifying emerging companies, products, updates and the vendors database;
- Filing relevant documentation in established filing and document management systems, both paper-based and electronic, ensuring files are properly updated, organized and
contain all relevant reports, correspondence and other relevant material;
- Collecting, reviewing and sorting incoming mail, providing background files and information, dispatching outgoing mail. Preparing necessary documentation for presentation to the members various bodies (such as bid opening boards, evaluation teams, FMMC) follow up on the status of approval of documents;
- Contacting by email, phone and visits suppliers and Ministry of Defence sites in relation to SAFEUP project activities, monitoring supplier performance and checking delivery progress against established goals, milestones and timelines.Supporting other Procurement Assistants in their tasks related to Local Procurement and Customs Clearance matters when pressure of work requires reassignment, or in their absence;
- Performing other duties as assigned. May be required to drive official OSCE vehicles.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in secretarial, commerce or business administration;
- At least four (4) years of working experience preferably in an international environment (exposure to the principles of purchasing, general business functions and associated processes);
- Established organizational experience;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.