- Name of the project: European Voluntary Service project
- Duration of the project: 9 – 12 months
- Start of the project: 01.03.2024. / 01.05.2024.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’Synergy Village’’
- Place: Feldbach, Switzerland
- Participants age: 18 – 30
- The number of participants: 1
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 25.01.2024.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The European Voluntary Service is a Swiss program of European volunteering. The program is financed by the Swiss Confederation. The European Voluntary Service gives young people the opportunity to volunteer abroad, contributing with their efforts to a cause they believe in – be it solidarity with refugees and migrants, work on environmental issues, activities for children or the elderly, support for non-governmental organizations, work for cultural events or several other topics.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Volunteers will play a vital role in the diverse daily operations, gaining valuable experience and honing their skills while contributing to the community’s sustainable living practices. Tasks span various areas, including the guesthouse, where volunteers engage in activities such as guest check-in, room preparation, laundry, cleaning, and reception duties. The event venue becomes a vibrant hub with volunteers involved in event preparations and execution. Hands-on experiences extend to gardening, encompassing the cultivation of vegetables and flowers, as well as landscape gardening. Creativity is encouraged through involvement in decoration work and assistance with renovations. Outdoor maintenance tasks vary with the seasons, offering a dynamic and engaging volunteer experience. Volunteers will also get a taste of culinary arts by participating in cooking and baking activities.
In addition to the practical skills acquired, volunteers will gain diverse learning outcomes. They will actively participate in the workings of a non-profit organization, enhancing their organizational and operational skills. Language proficiency in English and German will be improved through daily interactions. Interaction with international guests and fellow volunteers will foster intercultural skills, creating a global learning environment. Furthermore, volunteers will be empowered to bring forth their ideas, fostering creativity and providing opportunities to develop and implement personal projects within the eco-village community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Enhancing Operational Competence: Enabling volunteers to actively contribute to the diverse daily operations of the eco-village, gaining valuable hands-on experience in areas such as guesthouse management, guest services, and event coordination.
- Promoting Sustainable Living Practices: Engaging volunteers in gardening activities, focusing on the cultivation of vegetables and flowers, as well as landscape gardening, to instill a commitment to sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
- Providing Dynamic Outdoor Experiences: Offering volunteers a dynamic and engaging experience in outdoor maintenance tasks that vary with the seasons, allowing them to develop adaptability and a diverse skill set.
- Fostering Global Learning Environment: Encouraging interaction with international guests and fellow volunteers, fostering intercultural skills and creating a global learning environment within the eco-village community.
- Empowering Creativity and Project Development: Empowering volunteers to bring forth their ideas, fostering creativity and innovation within the community.
- Youngsters between 18 and 30 years old;
- Motivated to participate in volunteer actions and activities that enable the development of skills key, experiences, and learning;
- Aware of their role and to be able to participate in all phases of the volunteer activity in which they will be involved;
- Interested in participating and contributing to volunteer activities oriented towards priorities and values of European countries promoted by Erasmus+ and the ESC.
- Good knowledge of English and basic knowledge of German is a plus.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
The Synergy Village association runs a large property in Feldbach at the Lake of Zurich. The former farm has been transformed into a meeting place for local and international visitors. In the beautiful surroundings, visitors can explore the magical grotto with a waterfall, idyllic gardens with secluded lounges, and the lookout at the top of the property. Synergy Village runs a café, a guesthouse, and an event venue and organizes its cultural public events. The property of Synergy Village also includes the “KREIS-Haus” – an almost self-sufficient tiny house that is operated as a field lab in collaboration with the Zurich University of Applied Sciences.
For the operation and maintenance of the property, Synergy Village works with international volunteers and local association members. Synergy Village aims to be a “Place of Inspiration” where people can be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. By doing so, Synergy Village follows the principles of a future-oriented and sustainable way of working and living.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will be accommodated in shared rooms between 2 to 3 volunteers. Embracing the eco-friendly lifestyle, the provided meals are exclusively vegetarian and/or vegan, promoting a sustainable and health-conscious diet. Volunteers participating in the program will benefit from the support that covers their board and lodging needs. Moreover, volunteers receive a daily pocket money allowance of 8 CHF, providing them with some financial flexibility during their engagement. Furthermore, participants will have access to ESC (European Voluntary Service) training, enhancing their skills and knowledge in areas related to sustainable living, community development, and other valuable aspects of the project.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as the following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 25.01.2024.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]
More information here