Open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo
Application Deadline: 01 October 2019
Position Title: Grant Assistant
Contract type: SST UG
Grade: Equivalent to G3
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 03-09-19
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing a program to prevent violent extremism. The program aims to reduce the threat of violent extremism (VE) in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit community tensions. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes.
Under the overall guidance of Program Development Officer and the direct supervision of the Grants Officer (GA) supports the BHRI Grants Unit processes and ensures that program activities align with IOM instructions.
- Provide overall organizational support to the Grants Unit.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Field unit, the Logistic and Procurement Unit, the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, the Administration and Finance Unit and other relevant OTI units to ensure that all relevant grant information is regularly collected and saved within each grant file.
- Maintain all hardcopy and softcopy documents for all grants implemented by the program.
- Act as the focal point for receiving all documents sent to the Grants Unit (both in hard and soft copy) and ensure that all grants documents received meet the donor’s standard requirements. Update the Grants Unit Internal Logbook to track the reception of all grant documents being sent to the Grants Unit.
- Maintain and update the IOM Grants Tracking tools (“the matrix”). Send the sections of the matrix that have to be completed by the field to the relevant field staff (grants focal points), with the purpose to use the matrix as a planning tool. Update the matrix with expected completion dates accordingly.
- Send the updated matrix on a weekly basis to the OTI Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Prepare the template of the “grants weekly activity update / site activity notes” with the list of all on-going grants and send it to the heads of OTI departments on a weekly basis.
- On a monthly basis, support the reconciliation of all grant expenditures between the database and the accountancy software (SAP / PRISM) used by IOM.
- As required, provide assistance with translation and interpretation from English to local languages used in B&H and vice versa.
- Organize meetings, take minutes, and share with concerned individuals
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably in Accounting and Administration (University degree is an advantage)
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience, preferably in administrative, organizational and/or database fields; professional experience in the humanitarian field with development or international organizations desirable.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning;
- Communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Respects diversity;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
How to apply
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
Subject: SVN 03-09-19 Grant Assistant
Please note that for external candidates only IOM PHF will be considered
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 01 October 2019.
Posting period: 17 September – 01 October 2019
nternals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Duty Station: Sarajevo
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
International Organization for Migration Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zmaja od Bosne bb UN Common house 71000 Sarajevo, Tel: +387 33 293 400, Fax: +387 33 293 726
More information: IOM Bosnia and Herzegovina