The role: Supply Chain Assistant, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – NATIONAL POST ONLY
The Supply Chain Assistant assists in the day-to-day procurement activities in the country by ensuring that they are carried out diligently, transparently, in accordance with the procurement manual and in accordance with donor rules and regulations. The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for making sure that all procurement activities are fully and accurately documented, and the procurement reports are submitted on time and in the form and template required by donors. This position is also responsible for providing logistic support to programs/projects to implement their planned activities. The Supply Chain Assistant assists in preparing monthly reports and other tasks.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration;
• 1-2 years of relevant procurement experience;
• Extensive and substantive procurement experiences may be considered in lieu of a Degree;
• Good knowledge of procurement guidelines of different donor agencies (EC, USAID, etc.);
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
• Proven ability to work effectively with partner organisations and other stakeholders;
• Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds;
• Fluent in B/S/C languages and English;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here: Job description
Date advertised: 22 Dec 2019
Closing date: 5 Jan 2020 – 17:59 EST
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Fixed-term contract