Sweden/USAID FARMA II – Description of Project
USAID and the Government of Sweden awarded Cardno Emerging Markets USA a five-year US$18 million contract for implementation of the Fostering Agricultural Markets Activity II (FARMA II) project in Bosnia & Herzegovina (BiH). The purpose of the FARMA II Project is to create agricultural and agribusiness economic opportunities for BiH farmers and entrepreneurs. FARMA II will achieve this by assisting agricultural producer organizations to adopt European Union (EU) and international agricultural and food standards and new production techniques, produce new high value products and expand their access to foreign and domestic markets. The objective of FARMA II is to strengthen the competitiveness of the BiH private sector resulting in greater sales and exports of selected agri-food products.
Scope of Work – Grants Assistant
The Grants Assistant is a key member of the FARMA II for the support of implementation of the FARMA II Grant Program and day-to-day administrative processes. The Grants Assistant will consistently implement and monitor administrative systems, procedures, and policies in place. The Grants Assistant will also coordinate with all field office staff and provide necessary support for program activities.
Specific Tasks for the Grants and Office Assistant will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Entering data related to grants into the grants tracking forms and database and enter regular updates on all changes provided by technical team;
- Creating physical and electronic files for all applications in accordance with a file checklist;
- Re-organize electronic folders, scan absent docs to match checklist;
- Maintain all of the necessary documentation (both electronic and physical) including the maintenance of files and database with comprehensive and detailed information in each;
- Under guidance of grants team, ensure proper and complete check of cost effectiveness and reasonableness of grant related items;
- Regular pre-disbursement visits to grantees to review and record grant activities/equipment that are to be financed by grant funds;
- Regular spot-check visits to grantees to control and monitor implementation process with project team;
- Assisting with inventory verification and with preparation of transfer of title and custody documents;
- Work with project team to insure that all grant program materials adhere to the requirements included in the project branding and marking plan;
- Work closely with Grants and Compliance Managers to ensure full compliance of financial, contractual, and operational records;
- Provide any other assistance related to position for project activities as needed.The Grants Assistant will report to the FARMA II Grants Manger, and liaise closely with the Compliance Manager, technical and administrative teams on all undertakings.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in administration, economics, or related disciplines;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information;
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details, filing, file maintenance;
- Excellent written and oral language skills in both BHS and English;
- Excellent computer skills (MS applications and others);
- Willingness to travel BiH-wide as needed (driving license is a plus).
- 2+ years of relevant experience in office support or management;
- Proven experience in clerical and office support is essential.
Timing and Level of Effort:
- This is a full time position for BiH Nationals;
- Position is based in Sarajevo with travel within BiH as needed;
- This position is needed on about 8 January 2020 through the end of the project (January 2021+), subject to performance and availability of funds.
Qualifying candidates must send a Cover Letter including three References and CV of not more than 3-pages via email [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of applications is November 29, 2019.