You are invited to participate at the 23rd international scientific conference “National
minorities, migration and security”. The conference is organized by the Center for
International and Security Studies, Faculty of Political Science (University of Zagreb) and
will take place at Brijuni Islands, Croatia (Hotel “Neptun”) from 9-12 May 2019. The
conference is co-organized by Friedrich Ebert Foundation, Council of National Minorities
of the Republic of Croatia and Academic Network for Cooperation in South East Europe.
The conference will cover three thematic units:
Thematic unit I: National minorities in democratic societies
- Political representation of national minorities at local, regional
and state level
- Bilateral and multilateral cooperation and the protection of
- Cultural autonomy, education and the official use of minority
- International legal and political aspects of national minority
Thematic unit II: Migrations and migration policies
- Contemporary migration management policies
- Migration and security
- The influence of migration on Europe
- International legal and political aspects of migration
Thematic unit III: Contemporary security challenges
- Global security and great powers politics
- Terorismm and the security of democratic orders
- Military power and contemporary security challenges
- Regional security in South East Europe
The conference will bring together academics, experts and practitioners from
Croatia and abroad from various disciplines who deal with the rights of national minorities, contemporary migration issues as well as security studies.
The conference languages are Croatian and English.
The deadline to submit abstracts is March 15, 2019. To submit your abstract,
please send the form that you will find below the Call for abstracts to the following e-mailaddress: [email protected] The preliminary program of the conference will be
available on 2 May 2018.
For more information visit here.