Closing date: Thursday, 13 January 2022
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
One of the aims of the BiH SALW Control Strategy and its National Action Plan is to raise citizen awareness on the legal framework regulating SALW possession and on the dangers/risks using SALW. This in order to reduce illicit possession and presence of SALW, ammunition and explosives, and to contribute to changing the “gun culture”. There is also a need to improve awareness of, outreach to, and co-ordination between relevant institutions and bodies in BiH responsible for SALW and for arms control.
Objective of Assignment:
The Mission is seeking to engage a National Consultant to effectively support development of (1) a strategy for inter-institutional communication and outreach on SALW in BiH and (2) tools and methodology for monitoring and evaluating communication and public outreach on SALW in BiH.
Duration of Assignment:
This is a consultancy assignment with an expected duration of approximately 50 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Through close liaising with the Project Implementation Team (PIT), the BiH SALW Control Co-ordination Board (CCB), and LEAs’ supervisors; the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties: 1. Conducting an assessment in the field of SALW to effectively analyse gaps, identify needs and formulate actions for improved SALW-related awareness among institutions in BiH;
2. Conducting interviews with representatives of institutions managing SALW issues in BiH to obtain insight on the current state of inter-institutional outreach and communication on SALW in BiH;
3. Developing a strategy for inter-institutional communication and outreach on SALW in BiH, in line with guidance and feedback from relevant Mission members and SALW CCB members;
4. Developing the tool(s) and methodology for a monitoring and evaluation framework for effective assessment of communication and public outreach on SALW in BiH;
5. Providing effective guidance to the BiH SALW CCB on ways to effectively introduce and integrate the above-noted strategy, tool(s) and methodology;
6. Supporting organizing two (2) WG meetings with representatives of SALW CCB and LEAs to contribute to the development of the expected deliverables.
1. Deliverable: Strategy for inter-institutional outreach and communication on SALW in BiH; Indicator: Finalized strategy effectively addresses gaps and needs, and formulates actions for improved SALW awareness in BiH; Timeframe: By end of May 2022;
2. Deliverable: Tool and methodology for monitoring and evaluating communication and public outreach on SALW in BiH; Indicator: Contains qualitative and quantitative tools for efficiently collecting and effectively analysing gender-and age-disaggregated data and other relevant input for assessing communication and public outreach on SALW in BiH; Timeframe: By end of July 2022;
3. Deliverable: Presentation(s) including PPT and handouts. Indicator: Effectively summarizes the above two deliverables in a manner best suited for SALW CCB action, leading also to approval of the Strategy for inter-institutional outreach and communication on SALW and Tool and methodology for monitoring and evaluating communication and public outreach on SALW in BiH; Timeframe: Upon completion of all the above deliverables.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: link
- First-level university degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or other closely related field;
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional work experience in public relations and /or communications;
- Experience in developing and implementing communications and outreach strategies and visibility plans;
- Experience in awareness-raising/outreach campaigns related to prevention of violence and prevention of illegal possession, misuse and trafficking of SALW would be an asset;
- Ability to provide high-quality written assessment based on diverse official sources and inputs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including pronounced report writing ability;
- Punctuality and ability to effectively multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see link
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Requisition ID: SEC00000P
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Level: Professional
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
- Posting Date: Dec 16, 2021
- Closing Date: Jan 13, 2022
- Target Start Date: Feb 25, 2022
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
More information here