Part-time Project Assistant in Support of USAID/NARUC Energy Regulatory Partnership for Bosnia and Herzegovina (Consultancy)
Scope of Professional Services
The U.S. National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners’ (NARUC) International Programs seeks to empower the global community of regulators to drive meaningful change in their energy sectors. With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH), NARUC is working in partnership with the State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC), the Regulatory Commission for Energy in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FERK), and the Regulatory Commission for Energy of Republika Srpska (RERS) on a variety of energy regulation and gender-related topics.
NARUC is seeking candidates for a part-time consultancy based in Sarajevo to provide project coordination support related to its activities. The primary focus will be on supporting the creation and activities of a women in energy association, with additional support on NARUC’s other activities related to cybersecurity, energy efficiency, etc. The scope of work outlined below provides an overview of the essential tasks under this consultancy. There may be other duties as assigned and as agreed upon with the consultant in support of the objectives of the scope of work:
- Provide administrative, logistical, and coordination support to NARUC in the establishment of a women in energy association in BIH.
- Ensure that administrative and financial procedures comply with provisions of the NARUC/USAID Cooperative Agreement and USAID regulations.
- Communicate with potential members of the association, which will likely include representatives (women and men) from the three energy regulatory commissions, utilities, ministries, academia, women’s groups, NGOs, and others who can contribute to the operationalization of the association.
- Prepare and organize in-person and virtual meetings with association members, prepare meeting minutes/other reports, and deliver official remarks/presentations on behalf of NARUC and/or the association, etc.
- Serve as a local point-of-contact and coordinator for all USAID/NARUC in-country activities, workshops, and meetings (on technical energy regulatory topics as well as gender).
- Liaise with the local lawyer engaged to support the legal establishment of the association and provide related coordination support.
- Edit and proofread translated documents, including those related to partnership activities as well as deliverables.
- As needed, attend meetings with USAID, providing written reports to NARUC in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly program reports (and expense reports, as necessary).
- Fluency (verbal and written) in English and strong writing skills in English and local language.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and identify key implementation steps.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills.
- Solid experience with hosting online webinars/meetings (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with event planning desired.
The position may be performed out of a candidate's home office initially and eventually may be based in an office space in Sarajevo, as the association becomes operational. To apply, please send your C.V. to the referenced email addresses: [email protected], [email protected] and
Lokacija: Home Office (Rad od kuće)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 17.01.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 16.02.2023.)