Helvetas is a development organization anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
On behalf of the new development project “Moja budućnost” in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), we are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Project Coordinator.
The project’s goal is to contribute to an improved employability and income-generating opportunities for youths and young people in targeted rural areas. The project follows the Market Systems Development (MSD) approach, which seeks to address key bottlenecks that impede transactions/interactions between different parties of the system in order to catalyse sustainable changes.
Working in close collaboration with the Business Development and Interventions Manager, the Project Co-ordinator has the following duties:
Project Co-ordinator (100%):
- Development and coordination of implementation of interventions, leading to reaching targets of “Outcome: Skills Development and Job Orientation”
- Provide inputs and expertise on Skills Development and Job Orientation to Project and co-facilitators, including the development of intervention strategies and supervision of their implementation
- Facilitate the design, formulation and implementation of Job Orientation interventions
- Review progress, pay fieldwork visits and suggests necessary adjustments to increase effectiveness
- Conducting/coordinating necessary research and analysis for intervention design and providing strategic guidance to co-facilitators/service providers related to the labour market and job orientation
- Assure monitoring and evaluation of implementation of interventions, in collaboration with our MRM-Manager
- Assure implementation of communication for development in interventions, in collaboration with our Communications Manager
- Participation in public promotion/presentation of project, objectives, methodology, approach, activities and results, and preparation of reports
- Participation in preparation of program documents, reports and ToRs through data analyses and meetings with implementers and key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree: BA or MA in social sciences, education or related field
- 5 years+ of relevant professional experience in designing & managing sustainable interventions
- Previous experience in skills development sector in BiH preferred
- A good understanding of challenges of labour market and employment policies in BiH
- Excellent organisational, communication, networking, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically and innovatively, as well as research-driven decision-making
- Written and oral skills in both BHS and English languages
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Ability to work as a part of a larger team, but also independently (pro-active, ambitious, creative self-starter)
- Entrepreneurship: Very motivated to contribute to our common vision & goal-oriented
- Eager to learn beyond the job.
What is waiting for you?
- Small team, highly motivated to go the extra mile: Can-do-attitude
- Thinking outside of the box / creativity / your Ideas are very welcome
- No usual 9 to 5-job
- Support in your personal development
All interested applicants are kindly asked to send their application composed of: Letter of motivation, CV, and 2 references or contacts for recent job references. Applications for this position should be sent via e-mail by 6 June 2019 to: [email protected].
All applications will be treated with high confidentiality. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview in the week after received application. Starting date: 24 June 2019 or upon agreement. Office: Sarajevo (central).